Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:40 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:48 am 
Retro Guru

I have been signed on for a bit whole looking for a bike to relive my youth , I have now bought a 1993 zaskar which is what I had when I was 17, this was set up for trials round the local area.

I have been round these parts for many years having loads of gt bikes , cannondale m800, monty b219 trials bike , ibex trails bike , many more up to date trails bikes.

One quick question regarding my zaskar can you still get the 1992 decal sets ? These look the best in my opinion , if not ill get the bright yellow and black 1993 ones instead. This bike will be ridden and no shelf queen .

Thanks

Anthony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:48 am 
Retro Guru

I have been signed on for a bit whole looking for a bike to relive my youth , I have now bought a 1993 zaskar which is what I had when I was 17, this was set up for trials round the local area.

I have been round these parts for many years having loads of gt bikes , cannondale m800, monty b219 trials bike , ibex trails bike , many more up to date trails bikes.

One quick question regarding my zaskar can you still get the 1992 decal sets ? These look the best in my opinion , if not ill get the bright yellow and black 1993 ones instead. This bike will be ridden and no shelf queen .

Thanks

Anthony

Post subject: Hi from Lisboa, Portugal
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am 

Hi,

my name is Rui Fontoura and i'm writting from Lisboa,Portugal.

i've been riding MTB for about 18-19 years now. First with a crappy rigid bike bought in a supermarket that tought me a lot, even if it didn't brake well (just slowed down a bit) and the parts were really bad. Anyway, i learned a lot and in 1997 got a GT Timberline FS from my dad. It was a new world to me, it took me in to the real MTB's and i even did some several days trips here in Portugal.
About 3 years from now, i was away from this world, not ridding much and not having fun when i did. Having a friend that had several good bikes, he convinced me to buy a Giant XTC Team NRS frame and build it according to my likings. This was like a rebirth. The bike turned out very good, it had very good parts (weight is 12,1 Kg, not referential but good) and the pleasure was back. Been riding almost every weekend since and did a 7 days trip last year.
In September, this friend convinced me again to buy/build another bike. This time a GT Zaskar LE from 1996. The bike was bought from Holland, a friend polished the frame, bought the decal set from Guy (from bike shed UK) and mounted it again according to my linking. It has some good parts, was all build to her season (only the seat post which is a Thomson Elite is younger) and its weighting about 11 Kg.
In late October, i saw another good bike, this time here in Retrobike: a Giant XTC Team from 2004 (i think). I could not resist it so i bought another bike, this time from Uk, from a Retrobike member, Damian Holland. This bike is very good, i was surprised with the good state of the frame. It's not running yet because i'm waiting from a new stem (a Syntace 99) and it needs to bleed the front brake and mount new pads. I allready changed the tyres on it and mounted an Easton EC90 handlebar. I think it will weight about 11 Kg when finnished.

I'm also restoring a road bike, a Peugeot Avoriaz (Reynolds frame) from 1987 which belongs to my father. I'm only missing the wheels (i need to find some affordable wheels from that era).

In my wishlist there are some bikes: a Sunn Exact Titane from the late 90's, a green Bianchi MTB, an aluminium Rotwild from the late 90's/early 00's and a modern road bike (maybe next year i will buy this road bike).

I've learned a lot with this forum and there are some good project bikes out here.

Regards,

Rui Fontoura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:52 pm 

Hello,
My name is Peter and I currenty ride on a:
- Gary Fisher BigSur 2008
- GT from late '90

Post subject: 20 yrs wait
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:08 pm 
Dirt Disciple

ola! just bought cro mega dx 20 yrs after drooling over one as a teen :) restore coming soon. checkered bike history starting with a muddy fox courior comp (square tubing, green, wish i still had), giant something or other, gt tequesta, cannondale caad3 (think it was a 500?), kona hahanna (sold in mint condition to pay rent boooooo) and after a long break finally got a cro mega dx!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:57 am 
Dirt Disciple

meor
asian
36yo
BMX rider 1999

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:52 pm 

Hello,

I'm here to relive my youth and finally obtain some of the bikes and gear I used to drool over as a kid. I've probably spent the last year or so browsing and lusting after things I've seen on this forum so it's about time I did something about it!

Sparky

Post subject: Another new member....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 am 
Old School Hero

Like many I was a keen mountain biker back in the 90's before cars/women/beer etc and am just reliving my youth with classic bikes from my era. Currently have;

1991 Orange Aluminium O
1993 Cannondale Killer V900
1996 GT Pantera
2000 Trek 6700
2006 Claude Butler Milano road bike

Excellent site with friendly people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:26 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I'm sorry for the delay of the entry in this thread ...

My adventure with mtb began in the early 90's from Anlen about 2-3 sizes too big. This was only one of the 3 bikes available throughout the city. Unfortunately, the Polish mountain biking came several years late and had a difficult start. Because I was one of the first 10 people in my town with a bike mtb I had a possibility from the beginning to watch the development of this phenomenon. Along with other owners quickly established a friendship and we spent together every moment on the bike. In addition to the bike has always fascinated me, photography. It was obvious that over the years I've done a lot, lot, lot of pictures. After several years of riding and shooting has teamed up with one of the mtb magazines and my interest in cycling and mtb came to the next level. Some serious trips to fairs in Europe, competitions, other bike events. By this time I had the opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge and know a lot of people from the world of mtb. This is an unusual pleasure to go on a bike ride with Gary Fisher, Paola Pezzo, drink beer with Steve Peat, Franck Roman or Greg Herbold. These first years of mtb in Poland it was a truly magical time and still very nice to remember. At the memorial has been many, many pictures. After several years, I'm going back to mtb with redoubled energy. Of course, retro mtb. The magic of those moments and those bike does not compare to today's products.
Now I'm trying to catch up for lost time and collects bicycles and parts. At the moment I have several complete bikes or frames as a base for the projects. Part of it is in perfect condition and some, unfortunately, requires a thorough reconstruction. Everyone, however, for some time will become a beautiful swan :-) I decided to myself that every year since I bought my first bike I had some significance to the mtb model. Among them are also dedicated bicycle riders (Intense M1 SL) and the most important people (G. Fisher, J. Breeze, T. Ritchey). At the moment it looks like the list below. Of course it is temporary, and from time to time will change. Of course, I am not able to control myself not to have 2-3 bikes with one year ... ;-)

19xx - Himalaya Condor
1990 - Alpinestars Al-Mega DX
1990 - Alpinestars Cro-Mega
1991 - Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX
1992 - Alpinestars Al-Mega LX
1992 - Alpinestars Al-Mega XT
1992 - Specialized Stumpjumper
1993 - GT Zaskar LE
1994 - Breezer Storm
1994 - Marin Eldridge Grade
1994 - Scott Impulse (My wife's)
1995 - No Name Project
1996 - Gary Fisher X-Caliber
1997 - Breezer Storm (My wife's)
1997 - Intense M1 SL
1997 - Specialized HardRock (My father's)
1998 - Specialized S-Works M2
1999 - Intense Tracer
2003 - Specialized Stumpjumper FSR M4 ("every-day-bike")

Greetings from Poland,

Lukasz/siedem3

Post subject: Back in the '90
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:47 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi everybody, I'am from Rome, a month ago someone stole my 2005 Kona dawg, I'am looking for a new bike, and I falled in the retro bike world.
I started loving Cannondale super V, but looking around I have been attracted by the steel bikes, in the latest 90 I owned a DBR axis, and I loved it, so I'am trying to find a similar moldel.
I would like to find a bike to ride as the only bike I have, than in the future ... who knows?
I don't know many bikes, so I need your help to identify the models I find, now I have find the bike in the picture I post, it is a Klein Bike, on the toptube you can read "pro team titanium 3/25" but I can't understand the moldel, I don't thik Kein ever made titanium frame, is there anyone who can help me?
thanks and ... BUON NATALE!

Attachments:
8610869159.jpg
8610869159.jpg [ 36.91 KiB | Viewed 467 times ]
8693822521.jpg
8693822521.jpg [ 50.92 KiB | Viewed 467 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 78  Next