Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:49 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi,

I'm Jamie from North Staffs, I've been riding anything with two wheels (and some things with none lol) for a long time, in my late 30's now. Always been around bikes as Dad was/is mad about them, he used to ride for Swynnerton's (there's a family connection there too) in the 60's. As a young teenager had a Clive Stuart road bike, then a Harry Hall, a Brian Rourke then moved into MTB's in around 90 with a Marin Palisades which was a great bike. Stuck with that until 2000, when I bought my current bike from Evans cycles, a Kona Nunu. Kinda basic bike, but its still going strong (stronger than me anyway!) after all these years. Recently rekindled my enthusiasm when I stumbled across this site looking for a suitable fork upgrade for the Kona, its been irritating me for 12 years now so thought I'd finally swap it haha!

Great forum & community here! I'm seriously tempted to buy that late 80's dream bike I always weanted, now all I need to do is remember what it was....

Hope you don't mind a couple of pics - here's Dad on his Mercian, and my Kona ona recent muddy ride around my local haunt, Maer Hills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 am 
Dirt Disciple

kaferboy wrote:
Hi,

I'm Jamie from North Staffs, I've been riding anything with two wheels (and some things with none lol) for a long time, in my late 30's now. Always been around bikes as Dad was/is mad about them, he used to ride for Swynnerton's (there's a family connection there too) in the 60's. As a young teenager had a Clive Stuart road bike, then a Harry Hall, a Brian Rourke then moved into MTB's in around 90 with a Marin Palisades which was a great bike. Stuck with that until 2000, when I bought my current bike from Evans cycles, a Kona Nunu. Kinda basic bike, but its still going strong (stronger than me anyway!) after all these years. Recently rekindled my enthusiasm when I stumbled across this site looking for a suitable fork upgrade for the Kona, its been irritating me for 12 years now so thought I'd finally swap it haha!

Great forum & community here! I'm seriously tempted to buy that late 80's dream bike I always weanted, now all I need to do is remember what it was....

Hope you don't mind a couple of pics - here's Dad on his Mercian, and my Kona ona recent muddy ride around my local haunt, Maer Hills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 am 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner

Just discovered this thread, I'm Ibbs from Walthamstow in London.
I've been going all old skool over the last 6 years or so and from film photography, darkroom printing and developing to Super 8mm film making I'm really loving the classic retro Bikes.

Have been off cycling for years and one thing leads to another, and I've ended up here looking to buy a bike (or two) and re live the good old days in the 90ies.

You can check my photo "blog" on rolleiflexed.wordpress.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:03 pm 

Hello to the board.

My name is my moniker, JensM.

I`m a Norwegian male in my 40s, I used to do a lot of what I belive you fellows calls "rough stuff" with whatever bike I had in the late 70s and 80s. Got somewhat short shifted on buying into the MTB trend in around 94 after my bike was stolen and got something that was fitting horrible and it more or less threw me off riding for more than a decade.

For the moment I have the winter project in a case in the basement, a 64 cm Surly LHT that I planned for "a one bike to rule them all" sort of thingy, doing a British Tourer inspired build.

I then stumbled over the Cleland site and here I am... :oops:

For the most parts cycling for me have been roller training on traxc roller with my 70ish Peugot on and off for the last years. ought a rather nice and fitting hybrid that was stolen after 8 hours of riding some years ago and have been off outdoor riding since.

Finding a fitting bike is somewhat of a chore as I`m a bit on the larger side, 6 feet 8 inches with a PBH of 38 inches. Combining that with a build of a retired Rugby player as well as a bad back and there are not much fitting stuff to find off the peg.

Anyhow, glad to be aboard and let the Cleland info gathering begin... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:13 am 

Hello!

I'm Mark from west-central Illinois, USA

I'm a functioning bike-a-holic with a love for retro, willing to ride most things.. mostly on pavement. I have a road performance bike, a touring bike, two vintage MTBs, a 'bent and a bent trike.

Wahoo! Let's have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:13 am 

Hello!

I'm Mark from west-central Illinois, USA

I'm a functioning bike-a-holic with a love for retro, willing to ride most things.. mostly on pavement. I have a road performance bike, a touring bike, two vintage MTBs, a 'bent and a bent trike.

Wahoo! Let's have fun!

Post subject: hi there
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 pm 

Hi, my name is Ernst.
I am from Holland
Googeling and searching to the "retro bikes"brought me to this great forum.
I am reading a lot and learning a lot of you guys here. thanks fot that!
I own a Raleigh USA mountainbikes from the earley 90ś Whith a Pace rc 35 Front in it.
and a Storck Scenario pro from 2004.

Sorry for the bad English but i hope u understand it.
Soon i will post some retro pictures,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:07 am 

Hi, I'm Edd, from East Grinstead in Sussex, a local mate recommended this site, and I'll admit, I've seen some pretty cool stuff! Been biking as long as I can remember as my grandfather owned a cycle shop. Used to mountain bike a fair bit, got into it really heavily riding wise once I'd finished college/before I started work, so much so, that I lost around 2 stone :lol: Anywho, I haven't ridden MTB properly for about 3 years, and my '97 Specialized HardRock AX has just been sitting, so that'll be going up for sale on here probably, and I won a cheap trials frame on eBay, so I'm hoping on getting back into biking at least a bit soonish.

Cheers for now,

-Edd.

Post subject: Hi from Dorset
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:32 pm 

I've just joined RetroBIKE & wanted to introduce myself - I'm 58 years old, a personal trainer, and ride a Marin Hawk Hill that I've owned from new. I've just acquired a Marin Team Titanium that only needs a bit of work. I do need a metal headtube badge for it if anyone can help!
I'll be joining the South West page, and hope to meet up with a few local members eventually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:44 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all,
First post! I'm in the process of rebuilding a 96 Marin palisades trail.

Still have a few bits to get to finish her off, planning on using it for daily commuting and for off road at the weekend.

Found out about this site through looking for parts.

Cheers
Andy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 78  Next