Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:20 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:34 pm 

Hi all,

Found this site while looking for info on hope mono mini brakes via google search.

I currently have a 2002 Specialized S-Works M5, sadley not original paint work, or components, and two 2006 Giant XTC SE's, one for my wife, and the other one for me to play around with.

Recently sold off my 1997 Marin Quake 9, which had been hung on the wall as my show piece as it was the first bike I assembled myself. Could not keep it there any longer and had to go. :(

Post subject: New boy...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45 am 
Dirt Disciple

Googled 'Retro' and 'Bike' and this site came up. It's exactly what I'm after!
Ian

Post subject: Morning All
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:13 am 
Retro Guru

Good Morning All

I came across this wonderful site by a series of accidents - three years ago I shattered my heel bone due to a rock climbing accident (falling twenty ft down a grit stone VS) so was 'encouraged' to take up a less 'extreme' past time. I used to proper love mountain biking growing up on the South Downs so when I found a cheap Zinn Centaur online I've been putting the miles in ever since.
Last Sunday I suffered a 2.5mm gash to my cornea so instead of feeling sorry for myself I put some high strength glacier glasses on and thought I'd find more out about Zinn online and as a happy accident found this site.
My retro collection;

1. 1991 Zinn Centaur - a bit ratty but used daily.
2. 1992 Giant Cadex - Odd looking but dead comfy on long club rides.
3. 1983 Puch Mountain Jet - Suntour GT components and the widest handlebars ever.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. 1994 Volvo 940 Turbo - Can fit all 3 retro rides on the back.
5. 1990 GSXR 750 - Couldn't afford one new goes like stink.

Post subject: Re: New boy...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 pm 
Dirt Disciple

hello mountain bikers....

google brought me here and my recent purchase of a 1993 kona lava dome..

not sure of the extent i am going to restore/ fix it up but if any body can recommend me some wheels and rapid fire gear shiftrs that would be great.

the wheels that came with it are pretty poor so i swapped the front one with the wheel off my girfriends bike (kids too small for her to use it)

the old back tyre was pretty knackered so i put on a speed king 2,1 that was lying around but it is too fat and catches the frame. Before i buy any new tyres (i will want slicks as mostly i will commute on it ) but would like to know what wheels are best ..

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:07 pm 

Hi, just got here, and loving the concept and this community.

I have this Giant Terrago, I am not really sure about the year (90, 91, 92?), I bought it 2nd hand about 1994, and had lots of mountain riding with it, but has been neglected for some time until recently. I turned it in a single speed, maintaning as much as possible the original looks.[/img]

Rolling ok, but still some jobs to do, namely headset, and, when I have the guts, some painting job

Pic is not very good, I'm sorry, have to get some decent ones!

Attachments:
2012-08-24 19.25.41.jpg
2012-08-24 19.25.41.jpg [ 424.37 KiB | Viewed 407 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:38 pm 

hello nice to meet ya all been into mtb'ing for about 20 years, but had a brake for the last 5 years and just returned to my beloved sport...
found this site when i was doing a bit of a recky to see if i was the only person with a passion for old bike :lol: .
a little about me, started my proper mtb life as a saturday boy in biketrax bike shop in chelsford when i left school in went to work for pcm as a mechanic / bike tech at pcm cycles stayed for about 6 years did all my exams as a trainer and went on the road helping young lads to become bike techs. in 1998 i was lucky to be asked to become a mechanic for ams mtb to which i perchased a larg part of in 2003, im now a farther of 4 and have very little to do with amsmtb but i do like to keep my hand in from time to time.
my current ride is a 1997 gt timberline fs pritty much as she left the factory and in mint condition,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:11 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi I am a machinist from Vancouver BC, love all bikes and I have about 8 or 9 right now, 4 of which could be considered retro mtb's. I also built two fillet brazed frames and repaired a few frames. i'm glad to finally join this forum, I've been lurking for a while :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:31 am 
Dirt Disciple

Found website on google, what a great site. My project is an Orange Clockwork, needs a little TLC, but not a lot.

Will post pics soon.

Great site, keep the work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:37 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Found via Google, not ridden a bike for 16 years ..... proper introduction comming up in the main section.... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:15 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Evenin all,

Found Retrobike via google. Getting back into mountain biking after 10 years of using them to commute to work and back.

This is great site I've been lurking about as guest for a few weeks now.

I'll post pic's of my bikes soon.

Andy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 78  Next