Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:33 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
 Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:29 pm 
Retro Guru

stumbled back on site few weeks back, see there are still so many great bikes out there, had bit fun looking for few bits for my manitou hard tail. all best gaz 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I'm a long time lurker. I wish I had more time to restore my old bikes and this place has given me bags of inspiration. Old Kona's make me smile but I will always regret selling my 1993 Marin Muirwoods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:59 am 

hi guys been lurking around for a while, just brings back so many memories with some of the bikes on here. great forum :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Hi everyone!

I'm Luke, 26, from oxford.

Used to ride trials about 12 years ago, was very in to it! Sold all my bikes about 6 years ago.

I've decided to get back into riding, but I'm more into old school stuff. Can't stand the trials bikes of today!

I used to save my paper round money for all my bikes/parts when i was younger so my frame set's wasn't the best, but had a few decent components.

My dream bike back then was the pashley 26mhz, I've just bought one. So I'll up-load some pictures soon.

Probably won't ride trials as hard as i used to because i don't want to ruin the pashley.

Anyway, It looks a great forum & i can't wait to get stuck in :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:38 pm 

Hi guys been looking for a Nishiki Alien like the one I used to have for bloomin ages. Got it now 8) so any advice appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:34 pm 

Hi i'm Ted

Hello all.

I found this site by someone suggesting i come here to see if i can find out more about my bike frame, so fingers crossed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:28 pm 
Retro Guru

Tony Here

First intro was in the early 80s when mates brother showed me a magazine from the States he said 'your into motor bikes what do you think of these' shown me all these home made mountain bikes and clunkers in this cool magazine. Thought nothing of it till they became more popular in the later 80s. Mate worked at raliegh and got me a new MTB half price then got the bug. My photography teacher had an Overbury's XT'd up to the eyeballs let me have a go cost him a years salary bike was a mint ride. then had Diamond back and a canondale then caught the Kona bug. Had 'Fire mountains, Lava dome's, Cinder cones a Roast and various frames and parts. Got 3 Kona's at present and an Orange E3 frame. Got on this site and the flame is well and truly lit some beautiful builds. Big single speed nut as i live in London, pretty flat where I am, convert almost every bike I get but looking to build one really special off road bike. My major passion is Motor cycles I teach mechanics to kids that have fallen out of school etc and own a 748, 600rr, Bultaco sherpa, BSA project and we have a Triumph 350, also yamaha LC sprint project at work there's more :shock:

great site, keep up the good work chaps

Tony

Post subject: what model?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:30 am 

Hello all
New here today and found the site while googling old Raleigh's.

A couple of years back I needed a set of forks for a Carrera Fury I was building up from a frame. I saw this old raleigh for sale with a pair of 03 marzochi bombers on it. I only wanted the forks but he wanted rid of the whole bike so I took it for about £30.00 with the intention of chucking the rest of the bike down the tip. I noticed when I took the forks out that the rest of the old black Raleigh was pretty light and in fairly good nick. It's just been chucked around the garage for the last couple of years but when I went to bin it, I decided I wanted to keep it instead as a sort of retro bike and sell the Carrera so that's what I'm doing for better or worse?. The main stickers are missing and only stickers left read 'series two' and a Raleigh ID sticker with the number 54127407 and another couple saying 7005 aluminium. It has a box section part from crank to rear wheel, Deore hubs/derailleur and hollowtec cranks. Any idea what it is and what year?. I realise it's not a classic or worth much but I'ts grown on me and I like the idea of an old but light bike with decent components.

Post subject: Whoops..... forgot name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:33 am 

.....I'm 'another' Dave by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:06 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi
My name is Craig, and I've been a mountain bike enthusiast for about 15 years now. I've been building older bikes for the last few years after I got an awesome deal on an old Diamondback. Currently I'm working on a real nice '92 Topanga I just picked up. Your site is very useful for finding info on these bikes! Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 78  Next