Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:26 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 59%  59%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 25 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 194
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:34 am 

Hey, i have ridden lots of bikes in the last 15 years, from an Arthur Cahgill road bike to a Santa Cruz Heckler. Having a family i recently found myself without a decent stead!

Wanted to get hold of a Steel frame MTB as a one bike does all, after looking for a few weeks A 1992 Chas Roberts White Spider fell into my lap( thanks Russ).

Now i have more decisions to make than i ever imagined! Resrpay, powder coat, british/Euro build, forks? Is it going to be suitable for a do all blke?

Whatever i decide, this forum is going to be so useful.

Post subject: Hello from a newby Girl
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:22 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi there,

my name is Jayne and I am new here, sadly for a pretty naff reason. I am now an ex-off road cyclist due to a worsening medical condition that is slowly stopping me from riding and walking. On the plus side, I am hoping to finish my home made road recumbent project that may still work for me.

I was told to come here by friends on my motorbike forum and as I am sure that you have just guessed, I am a biker too. I currently ride a Streetfighter Suzuki SV that I love to bits and have pretty much modified on my own.

Riding two wheels is something that is in my genes and I doubt I shall ever stop doing it until I am finally broken. I hope that this is a good place to do my intro and I have to say that much of the stuff I have seen on here today has filled me with the memories of when I started riding MTB's in the 90's.

Be happy,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:32 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi from Mexico,

Found this forum while searching DuckDuckGo for info on my (DB?) MTB.

I've been riding for quiet some time now, but I don't know much about bikes. I've been learning a lot lately, mainly from forums like this one. Keep up the good work.

I particularly enjoy all pics posted to this forum by its members.

I'll be posting pics of my ride soon. Hopefully someone here may be able to tell me what make/how old she is. Any info on her would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:04 pm 

Hi guys,
In my search on the internet for parts and stuff, I met this forum.
I like it so you're stuck with me.... :shock:
My name is Jeroen, and live in Tilburg Holland.

My bikes are: Cannondale F800SL & Empella Dino

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:29 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi Guys i have been looking at your site for the last two weeks and have really enjoyed reading about your bikes and looking through the pictures.

i started looking on here when i brought my work hack, a 1996 Saracen Tufftrax

I have a new road and mountain bike (both Cubes) so didn't want to chance them at work. getting bashed or at worst nicked.

I started to use it and found out how good it actually was, reminded me of my early days of mountain biking when i had my 1991 GT Avalanche, 1994 ish Raleigh Apex, 95 Marin Bear vally then a rock-hopper pro before i went onto hybrids for a while.
it had been changed to V brakes and had a few other bits changed as well so it was a bit of a mongrel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:29 pm 
Dirt Disciple

i wanted to come along to the next ride day with it as i am in the east Midlands....but as you may notice i am using the word had allot.

after being at work last night on a 12 hour shift i came out of work to find it had been stolen...lock...lights and all... no trace what's so ever.

so after all that i have no bike again... i am truly gutted.

what gets my goat is the fact i have a van and a car which i leave at home and "Do" the right thing by cycling to work as its only 3 miles, i have spent over £70 buying it and lights which i may have well spent on fuel for 2 months,
to add insult we have a full CCTV system at work which guess what..... don't work

so its Hi and bye for a bit till i can get another!

keep up the good work guys loving reading the threads

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:49 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I came here via Google whilst looking for details on a Pace RC200 F2 I was thinking of buying (but didn't). Current ride is an Orange E3 with Pace RC 35, XTR (mostly) and some nice retro Pace, Hope and Middleburn retro goodies :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:02 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Hello fellow Retrobikers,

I was first introduced to Mountain Bikes in 1992 with my first Canadian Made
Hi-tensil Lugged frame made by a Norco sub brand for the Quebec market that was called Niji.

since then i have had few bikes come and go but also some that I dearly kept and travelled with me far away places.

One is an early 90s Bianchi Ragno top of the line model "Araneus" which i owned since 1993 and was a college years bike.

Another, is a Kastle Trekking, hybrid/touring modal that i also got around 2002.

More recent acquisitions are the Cadex 890I and CFM2 as well as a CFM 1.

Please check my Gallery as the photo sizes are too big to be attached on this message.

Post subject: New to forum
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:00 pm 

Hi Guys,

Just posting up to say hello. I have been looking at this website for a while now. It's good to see all the old bikes.

I used to race a lot but mainly race recumbent bikes now. I still have a keen interest in all bikes.

Post subject: Found you and Hello
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:18 am 
Geoff Capes

I was researching buying a new (old) mtb. I Googled my previously stolen C'dale M900 for inspiration and BOOM! Up came one for sale via Auctionwatch. I also met a couple of people as a result of selling bikes through Ebay who mentioned Retrobike. Had a look around and checked out the wealth of info on here & so my fate was sealed..sign up I must!

A return to my geeky MTB teenage years is in full swing, it's just got the word 'retro' in front of it now. :lol:

Thank you

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 78  Next