Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:46 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 958 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 59%  59%  [ 127 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 29 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 15%  15%  [ 32 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 215
 Post subject: Hi Folks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 am 

Hi,

I was pointed in the direction of the Retrobike forum by Tim from Pedalon in Tadley after I visited the shop in the hope they could find a new rear disc brake or an adapter for my late 90’s Gary Fisher Paragon, as they couldn’t help they suggested you guys.

I’ve posted a query in the main forum, hopefully someone on here will be able to help.

I’ve been mountain biking since 1997 and have had a load of different bikes but the Fisher has stayed with me.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:18 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, I'm Jim from the Scottish borders. I've been mountain biking since the early '90s and current bike is a Pace RC200, which I have owned from new. Unfortunately the head tube split the other weekend so my second post will be in the wanted section! Cheers Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 pm 

Hi there

My name is Alistair from Ayrshire in Scotland. Been cycling all my life but have finally decided to build myself a retro.
Starting with a 1995 GT Avalanche frame to re-create the bike of my youth.

I'm sure it wont be my last.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 am 

Hi, Graham here based in S Wales. Started riding in the mid 90's and still using (most weeks!) a Coyote Ultralite running on the worn out kit off the newer bikes. I have some older bits that I want to find a home for rather then chuck and found this site whilst researching that

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:46 pm 

Hey!!! for some unknown reason i find myself checking out old rigid mountain bikes when people ride by. My name is Bruce and I live in South Surrey, near Vancouver B.C. I love old MTB'S!! just found a near perfect Marin Rocky Ridge in an underground parkade! it was covered by a tarp, with the original front tire and tube rotted off. The rest ,short of stem and bars, is all original. rides perfect!! got any Marin lite bars or stem kicking around? you could be my next best friend!! Also have a 92 blizzard, 93 Hahanna, later model R.M. Vapor, (too new), and my trust ride anywhere norco kokanee. Keep up the cool and interesting posts!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:45 pm 

Hi, I came across this site whilst looking for information on a purchase I made today. I was scouring the second hand selling sites for a half decent bike for my wife so she & my daughter could cycle to school together. Anyway I came across a Klein Attitude V for £100, I’d never heard of Klein but I took a punt & bought it, well it’s a beautiful bike especially after giving it a go over with some T-cut & polish! One downside....it has a dent in the crossbar from where the previous owner put it on a cycle carrier....does anyone here know if said dent can be repaired? It’s a pearl white colour if that makes any difference? Thanks all!

Post subject: Re: New to retro
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:37 am 

Hi I'm Si and I am new to the retro scene, I have been offered a Raleigh dynatech 2070 I've been told it's from 1991, it looks a little rough round the edges I'm just wondering what you recommend for cleaning it up and whether original Raleigh paints are available anymore. Any information would be great. Cheers Si

Post subject: Re: New to retro
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:49 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Darby89 wrote:
Hi I'm Si and I am new to the retro scene, I have been offered a Raleigh dynatech 2070 I've been told it's from 1991, it looks a little rough round the edges I'm just wondering what you recommend for cleaning it up and whether original Raleigh paints are available anymore. Any information would be great. Cheers Si

Si

Welcome to Retro Bike :D

Ref your question(s) to be honest your better off starting your first thread (topic) and posting in pre 97 section where you’ll get far more traffic and interest.
A few pics would help if you can take some although you may need to make more than 5 posts before you can add pics (this stops spam accounts)

Regards

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:43 pm 

How'do?

Pete from Cheshire here. Decided this week I'm going to build a pre97 something to take me back to where it all began!

Got back into mtb around five years ago after a fifteen year break.

A few of us have all decided to add a retro bike into the mix so here I am!

Probably be doing a lot of lurking until I've found the 'right' bike and then my idea is to build it up with the upgrades I really wanted back in the day but with today's budget :D

Not for the pureists I appreciate but hopefully it'll end up nice.

Ta,

Pete

Ps... Google search for me.

Post subject: Re: hey up.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:57 am 

Hello all. I’ve had this page book marked for probably 7/8 years, just searching, reading, and generally just lurking in the background. My time came to register just now.
I’m a massive retro fan, having had several old Cannondales, and an Orange Mr XC.
I’ve just bought another old Cannondale actually, and came a bit of a cropper. Posts to follow ;-)
Anyway, I feel like I already know some of you, having stalked for a while, but I’ll formally introduce myself as Mick, and I look forward to picking some brains.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 958 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next