Your Univega pics

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Final Version completed (well almost)

I've now got it as I want it and it rides like a dream (not tested off-road yet as still recovering from torn knee ligaments).

I've replaced the fork with an RC36, the cantis with Avid V's, the shifters/levers with newer XTs and the cassette with an XT. Temporarily got a DX rear mech until I sort the XT rear mech out.

Haven't weighed it but it feels lighter than my Merlin Malt alu bike.

I'm not going to touch the paintwork and this is definitely a keeper for riding and enjoying - and it's cost me next to nothing as I had all the bits hanging around the shed.
:cool: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I find the threads on specific makes very interesting, and use them to get ideas/inspiration/motivation. So I thought I'd try to start one on Univega, which doesn't seem to be one of the more popular makes.

Bought this Alpina 5.7 a couple of weeks ago and haven't done anything on it yet. My gut reaction is to leave it as it is and just ride it as it's not in bad condition. It looks to be in original state and even in its un-worked on state it rides really well. I might possibly put a Manitou Spyder fork in grey on it to help my old bones.

Anyone else interested in such a thread please send in your pics. There's so many people with such a wide range of bikes on here that similar threads could be a valuable source of info, not just for Univega but any makes that may be under-represented, especially those that don't begin with a K ;) ;)

Attachments

• Univega-b.JPG
    Univega-b.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 3,998
  • Univega-c.JPG
    Univega-c.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 3,998
  • Univega-a.JPG
    Univega-a.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 3,997
Love my 1993 Alpina Comp. Very under-rated bikes in my opinion.

Univega-Peaks01.jpg

Lot's more photos and info here.

Here's my Alpina 570 Racelite.
Lovely ride, i had been trying to sell it but i'm glad nobody wanted it :D

Attachments

• uni 001.JPG
    uni 001.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 4,576
here's mine an alpina 802 not many original parts (apart from the frame although i do have orginal forks and stem for it) but i love it, and works for me in single speed, the ride really is very good and it has built up very light

Attachments

• Photo0057 (800x600) - Copy.jpg
    Photo0057 (800x600) - Copy.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 4,534
My 94 Alpina 5.5, massively underrated bikes that continue to sell for peanuts despite having far better quality frames than some of the more popular bikes.

I've got this one just as I want it now I think, Campag Stheno rims on Hope hubs have been fitted since these pics.

ABCD0003-6.jpg

ABCD0004-10.jpg

ABCD0002-6.jpg

They were really popular in Denmark in the mid 90s. I must have sold over a hundred of them between 94 and 96.

One of the last brands to stay with 1" forks and I always found their steel bikes to be pleasantly light and generally nice to ride. Wasn't too keen on their alloy efforts though, which can be directly attributed to me taking so many years before I bought an alloy framed bike atall!

Always like Univega - always stlyish, slim tubed bikes, especially like the ones with stays that joined above the seat tube (fastback stays?)

Great bikes for the money too :)

nice to see some uni,s i love en ,not the best to sell but a bargin to buy
nice metc paint jobs on the ones ive got and had
2 i own now a 500 and a 504
long live univega ;)
100_5501.jpg

100_5414.jpg

100_5416.jpg

;)

Back