Have I have been ripped off by a member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S-M

Retro Guru
Some back story.

I bought some forks from a member on here just before xmas, i paid INSTANTLY.

The forks have never arrived.

Intitally the seller seamed pretty helpfull, he was sorry and he did not know how/why they have arrived.

I waited in for 3 days in my xmas holiday for a parcel that never turned up, this was disappointing.

He refunded some of the cash as a goodwill gesture until they arrived.

Now i probed this chap regards postage, and it turns out he never sent them via recorded delivery, he posted 30 parcels that day and everybody elses stuff turned up.

well i'm just waiting for reply's of people
regarding their items bust most have turned up , upto now.

Now i did not send any items recorded buddy.

Yeah i know you would rather the forks , just fingers crossed they turn up.

I don't know what else to say buddy , don't loose all hope yet
they could arrive in the morning

Further correspondence.

Hey

I sent them out on Christmas eve buddy first thing.
I sent all my stuff standard first class , hence me being able to do
A lot of the stuff posted very cheap.

Well none of the receipts have adresses on them , so what royal mail will do
is go through all the barcodes for me on Tuesday and go from there.

Sorry about this as it seems up to now everything has been delivered
even stuff i sent to USA on Christmas eve has got there.

But stuff does get delayed.

Also i have had stuff delivered to me so i don't know what has gone on.

At least you will get your money back from me , i will get nothing of course.
How a set of DH forks can go missing is beyond me.

I know i should send stuff recorded , but i sent £30.00 parcels that would have been an extra £30.00 and signed for when sending abroad is an extra £6.00 and some people just don't pay it so i don ask

At this point i still feel i am going to be fully refunded if they dont turn up so i hang on yet again, i wait 2 days and ask for a further update.

WOW! I'm still waiting for a reply matey , going there today.
Though i was not sure about giving them 30 odd receipts for stuff i had sent
as that is all the prof i have.

I will be there this afternoon and let you know of my progress.
I have had confirmation from people on here all their stuff has arrived safe.
So it just looks like yours is the only one gone walk about.

Sorry about all of this

He was apparently going to the post office to get an update thursday jan 05, i never got this update :roll:

Leaving it to the following day, i send yet another PM asking for an update, this is not read, infact as i type this its still in my outbox.

At this point i feel i am being taken for a MUG, i have paid my money, its not my problem the forks were not properlly posted, i paid for an item i dont have, i have had enough and i would like a full refund.

To: XXXXXXX
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:32 pm
Subject: Re: forks
Mate can you refund me the rest of the payment, these are simply not going to turn up.

If they do happen to somehow turn up then i will still honour the sale, but i simply cant see it happening, you promised me an update last Thurs when you were going to the post office, that has not arrived, and my last PM to you is still unread.

Thanks.

this seams a reasonable request, i am an honest man, i want either my forks or my money.

his reply

To: S-M
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:32 pm
hello

ok no worries

Great, i can put this behind me for now instead of wondering wtf is going on.

The refund never happend, so i sent this the following day.

To: XXXXXX
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:56 pm
Please refund me the rest of the payment as per my previous request, you appear to have agreed to this in your last reply to me, yet you have not actually refunded me yet.

Regards.

Again a reasonable request?

Today i recieve this.

To: S-M
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:04 pm
ermm!

I'm sorry but i have decided not to , as i already refunded you £55.00

forks forks i don't know whom has them or where they are.

So i'm down forks and money , to be honest i should not have refunded
you the £55.00 as it would be the delivary company's fault and your job to claim the money back through them

Is this bloke taking the piss?

I am supposed to claim back from the delivery company?

I don't think that is how UK law works.

I would appreciate some advice on the next step, i have not replied yet, i don't have any contact details for him bar his username on this forum and it looked like he had decent feedback from the old threads i dug up.

This chap was selling his gear to pay for something else, a sale that fell through, so maybe he figures he should not be selling his parts any more?

and it turns out he never sent them via recorded delivery

Did the seller originally say he would... and charge you the fee for that service on top of the agreed item sale price?

Personally I'd have asked for at least Recorded Delivery on an item of any value even if the seller didn't initially offer the service.

He has to claim from the p.o. and unless its sent by special most you can claim is £45. So its the senders fault. He should stump up.

I had this trouble a while ago when some goon sold me something which never arrived,

if you paid him with paypal you can go through paypal and they will recover your money!

how much does he owe you now anyway? parcels don't just get 'lost' especially after that amount of time, it would have turned up somewhere (unless the address fell off in the post?) :roll:

as stated it was downhill forks? thats a hefty parcel! not one to just 'lose'.

Nothing was mentioned at all regarding postage other than the price i paid was to include delivery, i have all PM`s and correspondence.

Them "going missing" (if they were even sent) is not my problem, i paid for an item i don't have, and have only partially been refunded.

I did pay via Paypal, do you think the best course of action is to contact them?

I am currently owed £17, its not mega money i will fully agree, but its the principle, this forum seamed pretty kosher, and one decent community, i checked his old feedback (he also had a few posts in the feedback forum, he will probably get one more now)

S-M":37e6nwqu said:
Nothing was mentioned at all regarding postage other than the price i paid was to include delivery, i have all PM`s and correspondence.

Them "going missing" (if they were even sent) is not my problem, i paid for an item i don't have, and have only partially been refunded.

go through paypal mate!

If you paid by gift then you're relying on the honesty of the people involved, you don't know it was posted they don't know it wasn't delivered.

I've seen whole pallets of gear disappear in warehouses and depots so a parcel that size could easily have gone missing, some of the larger trucks are never actually empty so an undelivered box can lie for ages in the back of one un noticed.

The louder you shout, the harder they will look.

I always take pics of the parcels I'm shipping showing postage paid on the counter of the post office and forward them to the buyer. That way he knows that the postage on the item has been paid and it has been shipped (once the postage is affixed to the parcel it is deemed in the possession of the postal service here).

The burden of proof is on the sender and if he cannot show that the goods were delivered its full refund time, no questions asked

He should have proof of postage which would enable him to make a claim from the post office, to be blunt its tough shit for being so tight with the postage

Had this very issue for eight quid on another site, its not about money, but the principle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back