a newbie here

guybe

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello,

I am a newbie and just joined this website tonite, I have been hooked on this site for the last two evenings reading everything and enjoying people's retro bike pics.

I own a '98 Cannondale MTB and had it for eight years since new, loved that bike that I didnt want to sell it when the paint starting to come off the frame last year, so I had it resprayed and it's like new now, I am not keen on the latest bikes with all 'suspensions' and 'disc brakes' prefer the old bikes in the '90's.

I used to own three Marin's before I got the Cannondale, all of them were the 'Nail Trail' from the early '90's, enjoyed them all but the Dale is the best.

I like to say I like this website and wished I found it earlier, it's good to see retro bikes are still around.

Cheers
Guy

Its a slippery slope.

The bikes get older and project more involved. Before you know it...two dozen bikes and boxes of parts everywhere.

These Retrobike guys are a pretty tight bunch and active about getting together and riding.

It's just the tip of the iceburg.

Welcome, welcome.

I'm envious, always wanted a Cannondale but as I inhabit the impoverished end of Retrobiking I cannot even buy a very second hand one, but still dreaming of an M400 or M500.

Enjoy the experience !

Back