Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:32 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:05 am 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

mk1Matt wrote:
To be honest I'm more jealous of the people with the time and the level of fitness to go out biking. I've only just started riding again and it's only to work. I currently wouldn't dream of going out on an actual trail - it would kill me.

I'm actually reasonably content with my bike, so I don't get jealous of other people's rides. Anything better would be wasted on me at the moment.

Don't put your self down. Their always some one fitter and quicker. Plus a year of riding to work will make all the difference. I've only been doing since March and already feel much better & a bit fitter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:31 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Void(EN12-82) wrote:
Same with a GT Zaskar (LE). It's on my wishlist, but it has to be one of the 1991/1992 models and ball-burnished. So when I see someone with a blue ano or purple any Zaskar, sure I think "nice bike", but also "now it it had been a ball-burnished one..." :oops:

I must get round to putting some pics of mine up here soon.... Its exactly what you're looking for :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:58 pm 
Retro Guru

Russell wrote:
Void(EN12-82) wrote:
Same with a GT Zaskar (LE). It's on my wishlist, but it has to be one of the 1991/1992 models and ball-burnished. So when I see someone with a blue ano or purple any Zaskar, sure I think "nice bike", but also "now it it had been a ball-burnished one..." :oops:

I must get round to putting some pics of mine up here soon.... Its exactly what you're looking for :)

Hmm... you wanna wait until I have some funds freed up then? Otherwise I won't be able to take it off you, of course ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:04 pm 
BoTM Winner / PoTM Winner
BoTM Winner / PoTM Winner

Russell wrote:
I bet that if I posted here that I wanted 'xyz' bike and that money was no object, one would turn up quickly enough
im proof thats not true

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:38 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Certainly depends on the seller and if they are del boy type of seller or 'i know you want this' so pay up type

When word gets out that some body is looking for a certain part then i found the sellers come running and the prices go up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:28 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Russell wrote:
Void(EN12-82) wrote:

Sorry, but a Zaskar LE just HAS to be Ink Blue. 8) (I'll never get bored of saying that :lol: )

(Which kind of proves your point really :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:38 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

ameybrook wrote:
Ah yes... fellow forum members bikes i'd like to own... dont know anything of the sort :roll:

::Cough::

step away slowly from the small medium yo eddy. nice and easy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:08 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

This was a common thing I found with classic cars.

TBH I was always more impressed with the really tastefully done up BMW 316 E21 that some guy put together with love, care and a very small budget than a dude with a Alpina 850CSi. I always felt that the guy with the E21 had his heart in it more.

Nothing wrong with nice bikes, christ I own a Pace with full M900, but I would love to see a 1991 Orange Clockwork with full pre black LX or something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:19 pm 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear

retrobikeguy wrote:
........................hareem of bikes, do you look at your own collection think, jammie b*st*rd - why can't I own summat like that :?

Am I just ungrateful for what I do own :?:

I'm almost with you here - I admire some bikes/collections without the slightest desire to own them myself! That said, if you see a photo of something that you like it is doubly bad visiting someones cellar or shed which always leaves me thinking "must get this/that, must step up my game".

A counterpoint is when someone visits your shed and gives your bikes the love (not physically you understand).

At the risk of sounding like a prat (and then going ahead anyway), let's all appreciate the bikes we have at least as much as those we don't. Now, must just look for that steel Stumpjumper some more....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:59 pm 
jammy git

I enjoy looking at the pictures posted on here of bikes I couldn't possibly afford.....commuting to and from work on my bargain Breezer put a big smile on my face today though.....priceless :D

One of my favourite bikes has to be Messiahs Explosif, love the story behind it and the well loved look of it!

Stu