Raleigh MTi 1000 advise

LTS Biker

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
During a long time of internet search I found a Raleigh MTi 1000 for sale.
It's this one, but... I'm still in doubt.
I always wanted this one. I asked some more pictures and got them. Now is the price time. What is a good price for this one?

The bike will be stripped, because I don't like the parts. Still don't know what parts to use for set-up but that's for later.

Those are Z2 Atom 80's, what's not to like about them?
Great forks, wouldn't mind them myself, mine just keep going as good as new and they are seven years old.

Huntso":eyod1pod said:
Those are Z2 Atom 80's, what's not to like about them?
Great forks, wouldn't mind them myself, mine just keep going as good as new and they are seven years old.

Very true Huntso, but this is RetroBike, and isn't there a sense that really only a Pace can ever be quite the right colour for a Ti frame?

I fear you're almost in danger of lapsing into functional mode there.

Sorry,forgot myself there for a minute. Seriously would be interested in them though if they are going spare.

Right then, reckon Ti Project Two's are what you need

Well the forks are the first to go :)
Only RS counts in my mind, but... I would consider a Tioga for it.
I'm thinking about M900 XTR, blue Tioga parts, Johnny T's (maybe) and... if budget allows... ever... Discdrive. :)

LTS Biker":m9ls4ap8 said:
Well the forks are the first to go :)
Only RS counts in my mind, but... I would consider a Tioga for it.
I'm thinking about M900 XTR, blue Tioga parts, Johnny T's (maybe) and... if budget allows... ever... Discdrive. :)

That would be the way to go.

The top of the line full Ti frame had almost the same build as the Ti/Carbon Raleigh.

Blue anodized bits and Revolver cranks will be the difficult finds. Trust me, I know.

But, you will end up with a very cool looking Ti bike.

As for price, keep in mind that while its a nice titanium frame...its not a Merlin or a Ti Fat Chance, so don't over pay.

LTS Biker":zoe2anrp said:
I know, but what is reasonable?

Frame only, in good shape, in your size...$300 USD.

Its really hard to say since everyone is very different about how they value the bikes they are after.

Back