childrens retro bikes

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Does such a thing exist?

Looking at getting a new xmas bike for my 6 yr old but really disheartened by all the crap children’s bikes out there. Heavy frames, non-existent breaks- you know the score.
:(
Is there a retro bike for this age group and if so how do I get my hands on one?

My bikes in my youth were all oversized racers and a grifter- all potential death traps, I know still have the scars to prove it.

There's some very cool bikes on that thread. My partner's pregnant and expecting in May, I'm already thinking about building a bike. I'm looking for an original Raleigh Striker as I had one as a kid, couldn't have a bmx so I stripped it down and resprayed it. Saw one recently on eBay and I reckon you could do one up very nicely.

yes, it's a great thread with some really cool bikes, but probably wont help you to get one yourself.

Specialized have been making kids bikes for a while, and they are very good. I have a Hotrock 16" wheel bike for my daughter, although not retro, and a 20" Scott for my son.

For a 6 year old they will grow out of a 16" very quickly, and may be a little small for a 20" unless they are already a very good rider. I think you are more likely to find retro in the larger wheel sizes, byt personally the kids bikes in these sizes now are very good, but you will need to spen absolute min £100, probably more for 20".

Weren't the original BMX's 20" wheels? Plenty of retro ones of those around.

Good luck.
Tim

Back