hei hei year?

Chris

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi, I recently aquired a hei hei but now am unsure of the year.

In the catologues it looks like the 97 and 98 except for the fact there is no extra strengthening at the headtube as shown on the king kahuna.

The frame number is: 0 B491081 can you tell from this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers Chris. :?: :?:

Pics of the frame:

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

heiheiside.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

The King Kahuna had the oval shaped tube and gusset on the downtube, the Hei Hei had the normal round tubing and no gusset. If it has the cabling on the top tube it's a 98, I think the 97 still had the downtube cable guides. In the 98 catalogue it shows a King Kahuna, not a Hei Hei, if you check the description it says the Hei Hei is also available with the round tubes and no gussett, if you bought the one on this site, I believe it's a 98 Hei Hei, the year they moved the cabling on to the top tube, as I got one myself recently. Hope this helps and is correct.

I emailed tech@konaworld.com recently with my frame number, they confirmed all the measurements for me, but when I asked the year all they said was yes it was from that era. I'm pretty sure though, that because the cable guides are all on the top tube it is not a 97 but a 98 or later if they still made them after 1998.

The 97-00 Hei Hei has round tubes and no gussets, but the frame number you've quoted doesn't look like a Kona serial number to me.

Can you post a photo of the frame, and post a description of the cable routing?

Edit: too slow in posting...

Yep on studying the catologues it definately looks like this is a 1998 frame and not a 1997 as thought. Cheers for your help. Chris.

Back