New classified rules

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Following a few recent events it has been decided by the mods that we need some classified 'rules'. these are as follows

- All adverts to include a price.

- Parts must be in owners possesion before offered for sale.

- No trade ads. Mail admin@retrobike.co.uk for trade advertising details.

- Dibs are non-enforceable and strictly at the sellers discretion.

- Abuse of classifieds will result in a temporary ban at the moderators discretion. Two misdenmeanours will result in a permenant ban.

- It is preferred that all adverts include full details and a picture.

We'd like to see people include a price with all adverts. Can only assume the proliferation of 'offers by PM' is an attempt to get top dollar. Remember this is a site run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts - if you want to maximise your profit pull your finger out and list it on www.ebay.co.uk

Following an unfortunate incident which I'm sure most people are aware of we're going to be a lot less lenient with abuse of the classifieds.

Finally worth mentioning is 'dibs' are non enforceable. Call them by all means but at the end of the day this only benefits buyer not seller and is totally un-'moddable'.

Will leave this open for discussion.

cheers

John

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Would be good if we could have an idea how long items will take to arrive too i.e. "will aim to post in 3 days" or "working away this week so don't expect items for a couple of weeks"?

I've sold a few bits, always had a figure in my mind, but an item is only worth what someone is prepared to pay hence I haven't put a price on.

I'll price all the stuff I have up at the moment though, as I guess it helps people when browsing.

hollister":16lfu90g said:
why no trade adds?

Happy to have trade ads, just not free ones. If trade advertisers want to use the site they can get in touch. Don't feel retrobike should pay to host an advert for someone else...
Pretty much all forums I use and have used have a similar policy.

orange71":38oyzar3 said:
Would be good if we could have an idea how long items will take to arrive too i.e. "will aim to post in 3 days" or "working away this week so don't expect items for a couple of weeks"?

Information the seller should disclose but this would be almost impossible to moderate.

All sounds fair enough to me.

I always seem to have problems posting pics though (pc numpty)
I'd happily email pics to any interested party though.

Would this be acceptable?

sunchaser":qjj9ue0w said:
All sounds fair enough to me.

I always seem to have problems posting pics though (pc numpty)
I'd happily email pics to any interested party though.

Would this be acceptable?

Sure. The picture one is just a preferred rule.

orange71 wrote:

Information the seller should disclose but this would be almost impossible to moderate.

Yes - didn't mean for it to be moderated, but just an idea of timescale would be nice if sellers could do that.

Back