How p*ssed off would you be if Colourtech.....

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
....were given your pride and joy ti frame to repair - bottle bosses in the down tube were spinning in the frame. After an extremely long wait (months of chasing, apologies, promises not kept) you finally get the frame back to find the repair has been done, but various scuffs and and scratches have been added to the frame, along with a patch of lacquer. You then send it back for them to rectify, and after an even longer wait (more chasing, more promises about posting back made and not kept) finally get the frame back and find that the down tube now has a huge piece of metal rattling around in it.

After speaking directly with Colourtech (http://www.colour-tech.co.uk) as I arranged the job via an lbs, they weren't exactly helpful and said the rattly metal was to be expected, and whilst they had attempted to secure it, it must have come loose in the post and that I should try gluing it myself. This would be possible if their attempts to do this hadn't blocked the drain tube at the bb/down tube junction.

Personally I think this is just adding insult to injury due to the initial repair causing damage, albeit cosmetic to the frame, the months and months of waiting, and now I have to finish their work for them. Adding further insult, I've had to pay more for the job as the frame had to be returned to them/sent back to me to remedy their damage, so it looks like I've had to pay for the additional couriers too.

How disgusting is this and what should I do next. I've had it with Colourtech and Dave's attitude was pretty awful when I spoke to him about this further issue, and I quote: "how often do you pick up your bike and turn it? You'd never notice once the bike is built up".

Personally it is such a big lump rattling around, you would notice it, so who can I send this to now to get fixed properly as I wouldn't trust Colourtech as far as I could throw them, and I assume their premises are of warehouse proportions so wouldn't even be able lift them.

This is terrible mate, they need to stump up money to get this repaired. Don't let them get away with this :x

they did my Ritchey and it was excellent . I did not know they were doing titanium . if you are in south london , you are not far from them , they are in Crayford , take it back to them .

cchris2lou":37dnugm6 said:
they did my Ritchey and it was excellent . I did not know they were doing titanium . if you are in south london , you are not far from them , they are in Crayford , take it back to them .
Lucky you, must just be me and the cloud of bad luck following me around. Colourtech are doing ti it seems, but badly based on my experience. To cock up such a simple job would not instil me with any confidence at all that they are capable of anything more complicated. I'd dread to think what would have happened if they'd been near it with a welder.

As for taking it back to Colourtech, you thinking third time lucky? Based on their attitude, I wouldn't p*ss on them if they were on fire tbh.

Will be picking this up with the lbs shortly to see what their response is, as I did call them first but they were 'busy with customers' and would call me back. That was 30 mins ago so not looking good for them either.

And a couple more, see posts 44 and 45:

https://www.lfgss.com/thread1039.html

I'm sure there are others. I'm just at a loss to explain their attitude/comments when the failings of the repairs were explained/rattled to them over the phone.

Should I cut my losses with the Colourtech cowboys and find somewhere that can remedy the issue they have created, or pursue Colourtech and try for a third time to get a proper, mistake free job done?

Your not going too like this but I hope it helps

If you arranged and paid the lbs then your contract is with them. By going over the lbs direct too colourtech the lbs is breathing a sigh of relief

I would, formally politely and succinctly write a letter to the lbs giving brief but accurate information of dates agreements prices etc then add in date order the events then give a summary of what is the current position and how you see this rectifiable also advise them that unless a acceptable way forward and within a certain time period then you will be using the small claims court for resolution

Also send it by recorded deliver asking for proof if delivery

Now.. Do not threaten it unless you are prepared to do it... In doesn't cost as much as you think

Normally this resolves things fast or it takes ages

Back