something a bit different, you'll like this!!!

rakas17

Dirt Disciple
Ok so I've got a few old konas and a few old bmx's, I'm a modelmaker by trade and a few years ago decided to do a model of a "pk ripper" bmx.

So now the ripper is finished and I'm scratching my head thinking of something to do. So mountain bike it is, I want to do a full suspension bike really so it's different to the bmx and more to it. So heres where I need opinions, I know that there aren't really any super iconic downhill bikes but thats thats the sort of thing I want to build, i thought maybe a steve peat lobo or shawn palmers fsr or maybe an Intense m1. Another issue is that i'd need to get my hands on or get a close look at whatever bike it is I'm gonna build, so if it's super rare and nobody that local owns one then its gonna be quite hard to replicate.

heres the link to my model bmx, i think you'll agree that a 1/3 scale downhill rig would be the nuts!!!

http://ipmsuk.proboards.com/index.cgi?b ... hread=8038

That's amazing, congratulations on the epic task, that wins MOM (model of the month!) for me

clearly a very talented man

Just read your model/build thread - it's awesome. I reckon a GTS STS would make a good model, though I'm sure there are other worthy contenders.

:D :D that is awesome!! Truly a masterpiece and I love PK rippers!! .... speechless!!

ishaw":1kc6td0p said:
Just read your model/build thread - it's awesome. I reckon a GTS STS would make a good model, though I'm sure there are other worthy contenders.

agreed, an sts would make a nice model, not sure how i'd get the carbon/thermaplastic look. either way, if i did an sts it'd have to be a lobo and i'd need one to look at! i'd better get saving! :( :shock:

steve peat lobo or shawn palmers fsr or maybe an Intense m1

yes yes and yes!

Could add a Cannondale Super V DH, JMC's FSR?

Back