Help - XTR M950 BB fitting

James_Geldart

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

i wondered if someone could help me, im trying to fit the above BB to my zaskar, and when i tighten it at both sides, the axel doesnt spin, but it does if the cup is not fully tightened on one side.....

its a brand new BB, is it suppost to be tight to the shell both sides?

ive only ever had squre taper BB's, so am unfamiliar with the technicals on this..........

not so tight! Fix the drive side (LH threads!!), and ease up the non drive until all play is **just** gone, and then lock it off. DO NOT, do the cup up tight and tehn lock it. If you can't eliminate play without it rumbling then it sounds like the bearings are shot. . . .
hope this helps, ;)

elite504":2hfaze89 said:
not so tight! Fix the drive side (LH threads!!), and ease up the non drive until all play is **just** gone, and then lock it off. DO NOT, do the cup up tight and tehn lock it. If you can't eliminate play without it rumbling then it sounds like the bearings are shot. . . .
hope this helps, ;)

cheers mate,

they key was i didnt realise you have to have a seperate tool and had to do the lockring, i was jus ttrying to screw it in with the BB tool i got with it, will have another ago when the apprpraite tool arrives..... cheers for the advice, this forum is amazing

Back