A question for you 'oldies'

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
As this forum relies on the members of it too make it. So what was it like when it first started. It must have been fairly quite with say just five members just chatting? Now their are hundreds chatting and well over a thousand members.It must have quite risky starting out?
So what are the views of those 2005 members? Its been loads of fun and i've only been here ten months :D

tintin40":204b0d5h said:
As this forum relies on the members of it to, so what was it like when it first started. It must have been fairly quite with say just five members just chatting? Now their are hundreds chatting and well over a thousand members.It must have quite risky starting out?
So what are the views of those 2005 members? Its been loads of fun and i've only been here ten months :D

It's come along way in the past 2 and a bit years. Can't help but think we're just getting started too :D

well john il be here to help you any way i can retrobike has given me a new lease on biking and a fresh out look on where things started and where there going in the not so distant future as strange as that sounds. like tony ive only been a little bit of the jouney but things can only get better as they say thanks for starting this site buddy from dan :cool: :cool: :D :D :cool:

It was always the same bunch of us who used to read and reply on any thread marked retro on STW, it was a blessed relief to find a new home over here when this started so that I could get away from the sanctimonious, uber-clicheness (yes I realise how ironic that is) and 'up-its-own-arsedness' that that site had become.

I also really loved the fact that this place was focused on those bikes of my youth and I felt that my voice could really be heard (unlike Mtbr)!

It was so good then, it's soooo good now!

pete_mcc":z38kjg5c said:
It was always the same bunch of us who used to read and reply on any thread marked retro on STW, it was a blessed relief to find a new home over here when this started so that I could get away from the sanctimonious, uber-clicheness (yes I realise how ironic that is) and 'up-its-own-arsedness' that that site had become.

I also really loved the fact that this place was focused on those bikes of my youth and I felt that my voice could really be heard (unlike Mtbr)!

It was so good then, it's soooo good now!

Absolutely. All the things above are why retrobike was setup...

cannondale king":1tnjccsu said:
well john il be here to help you any way i can retrobike has given me a new lease on biking and a fresh out look on where things started and where there going in the not so distant future as strange as that sounds. like tony ive only been a little bit of the jouney but things can only get better as they say thanks for starting this site buddy from dan :cool: :cool: :D :D :cool:

Dan,

Cheers :D Always cool to hear this site has helped people to get back into cycling.

If we ever need a speedboat driver I'll look to you first ;)

Bike of the month was alot easier, we just took turns voting for each other's rides :LOL:

Jez kept a long list of parts because we had all picked through what we wanted...the new crop has definately helped along his stable turnover.

and yes, it was quite a bit more intimate, but no less animated.

Glad to see lots of retro new faces,

rody

I came here by accident looking for a Pace RC200 to buy, it was like turning over a rock and instead of finding woodlice finding a £50 note! :LOL:

Thanks to John we all have somewhere to be as odd as we like. Keeps us off the streets I suppose!

I has got me back in touch with my roots and has got me cycling more as it is a whole experience now, before it had become riding a bike as all the friends I used to do bike crap with moved on or grew up.

Awesome!

cannondale king":39cf2n97 said:
retrobike has given me a new lease on biking and a fresh out look on where things started and where there going in the not so distant future as strange as that sounds. like tony ive only been a little bit of the jouney but things can only get better as they say thanks for starting this site

Couldn't agree more with Speedboat's comments.

I have only been here a couple of months and have already made loads of friends, been on a ride with Orange71 and co, and totally rediscovered my love of cycling.

All I can say is thanks to JV and all those who have stuck at this site.

If it can re-light other bikers love of the sport then who knows where we'll be in 2010 :shock:

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":1p9gn8no said:
If it can re-light other bikers love of the sport then who knows where we'll be in 2010 :shock:

We will probably be in a position to club together to bring out a range of old school hard tails, and comission Shimano to reproduce M730 again!

Back