Pace look back to their roots

gil_m

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just got my rather grubby mitts on the 2008 Pace catalogue :)

Nice to see the inside cover is a look back over the years, couple of nice shots of the early "Yorkshire" products

Attachments

• Pace 2008a.jpg
    Pace 2008a.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,324
Geoff":1w6um7in said:
Is it me or is the wheelbase on that 92 Downhill prototype hilariously long?

The stem length is of more concern to me! ;)

Gotta love those old pipedreams, sorry, prototypes ;)

if the 92 DH bike is Duncans Purple Descender (the 'DPD'?) it had a standard-ish saddle to handlebar reach but took about 3" or so out of the stem (these were the days of a 150mm stem!) and put it into the top tube - which I think is a bit like fisher genesis geometry?!

RC300 - sold the Giant, with your list of other bikes might I suggest a 405? Complete the set (almost!). Nowt wrong with a bit of brand loyalty

Kona kid - I believe the Pace geometry predates the fisher genesis geometry (MBUK ages ago ran a most influential bikes ever and had Steve Worland's team RC 100 featured, looking back with its pre aheadset headset, bullseye cranks, genesis geometry, not round tubing it's spec wouldn't look out of place in shops today sort of)

Thought - was the real reason for ditching square tubes because everyone else uses squarish tubing these days? Round is the new square?

It's very brave of them to put a picture of a classic next to that 'C**P' :LOL:
Were did it all go so badly wrong :cry:

I rode a pre 65 motorcycle trial with Duncan mcDonald one of the founders of pace a couple of weeks ago. I also see Rob Kinsey who used to commenate at MTB races on a regular basis as we both race twinshock motocross on our old Maicos.

Back