get ya raleighs out for the lads - whos in

beechdaleboy

Kona Fan
i need some ideas for another one of my soon to be projects.
being a nottingham lad and having worked for raleigh (and my father still does) i do have a soft spot for them.

so lets see your past-present-future raleigh bikes..uk or otherwise

get em out :LOL:

loathe or love, the Activator brought full Suspension to the masses at budget prices, well it would seem, cheap, tacky, heavy and generally not a true MTB of the word, but many a boy believed he was riding a thoroughbred and not a beach donkey :) For a mere £15 this Activator was sourced and given a spruce up, Yes as my friend 'Sylus' said "You cant polish a turd' but you sure as hell can roll it in glitter,

Well here it is Before and After piccys.

Oh i know it will no doubt upset the purists out there, but hey, bothered??

:)

Attachments

• dscf3099activator2_119.jpg
    dscf3099activator2_119.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3,696
  • dscf3107activatortransformation_835.jpg
    dscf3107activatortransformation_835.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 3,696
Haven't got a Raleigh MTB but seeing as they take a bit of stick on this site thought I'd just say that if it wasn't for Raleigh about 90% of the kids on our estate wouldn't be riding bikes (including me). Was the quality brand in the 70's round our way. So thanks to you and your dad. :)

petitpal":1br2m0go said:
Haven't got a Raleigh MTB but seeing as they take a bit of stick on this site thought I'd just say that if it wasn't for Raleigh about 90% of the kids on our estate wouldn't be riding bikes (including me). Was the quality brand in the 70's round our way. So thanks to you and your dad. :)

I don't think this is a regional thing either. the majority of kids at our school had raleighs, a couple of townsends & falcons littered the streets with the odd low-end marin or GT, one kona (lava rock i think) and a few halfway decent claud butlers. I remember one of my mates being the envy of everyone with a red 24 speed raleigh max. probably complete tosh by any standard but in an early 90's setting on young impressionable minds it was the best bike in halfords!!!

has anybody got any k2 framed raleigh pictures or even better the raleigh dune dancer which am trying to hunt down to buy again

managed to find some old pics of more raleighs i owned

Attachments

• mypurpmtarx.jpg
    mypurpmtarx.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3,631
  • kellogs.jpg
    kellogs.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3,630
  • myrecordsprint.jpg
    myrecordsprint.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 3,631
  • my dynatech mtb.jpg