Mag21 Rebuild & Long Travel Kits

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
Anyone know a source of NOS parts to service MAG 21's? I've got some 21's and 21SL/Ti's that could do with a refresh.

Am i right in thinking somebody also did long travel conversions for these forks? What travel did they give?

Thanks! :)

2 of my SL Ti´s are stock, with 43mm of travel. The other one has a long travel kit, and delivers 64mm of travel. A friend of mine who has a fork tuning company says they are very easy to make, so when he has time to make a few, i can ask him 2 or 3 more kits...

Cheers

Vitor

the short travel kit , is basicly a short pair of bushings , if your confident enough , you could cut your existing ones down

i have a NOS rebuild kit and long travel kit here , if you need pics to see what the difference is .........

had a link somewhere for the shortening upgrade , one of the blokes on mtbr`s homepage

Tallpaul":1ak438c3 said:
Am i right in thinking somebody also did long travel conversions for these forks? What travel did they give?

Thanks! :)

rockshox themselves did the long travel kit. hippytech suspension in the US might be able to help with spares if you're not sorted already :)

SLIM":kbu3hnkc said:
i have a NOS rebuild kit and long travel kit here , if you need pics to see what the difference is .........

had a link somewhere for the shortening upgrade , one of the blokes on mtbr`s homepage

Pics to see what is in the kits would be great :)

I've read a couple of guides to servicing these forks and all recommend the use of a proper Rock Shox Mag Series Bushing puller.

What is the alternative to doing it properly? :LOL:

Back