Ghetto SS question

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
how many 7-speed cassettes would i need to hack up to get enough spacers to SS a 7-speed back wheel?

Im using a wooleyhatshop 8 spd one on a 7spd and as mentioned above bin off one of the spacers and you will need one cassette spacer for it to work.

2 8-speed cassettes had almost enough for an 8-speed wheel IIRC - so I'm guessing 2 and a bit 7-speeders for a 7 speed wheel!

Provided your not bothered by aesthetics or weight constraints, only one cassette. Use the other sprockets as spacers flat against each other without spacers well away from the sprocket your using as the drive sprocket and fill in all other spaces with the spacers, simple !

Alternatively buy a conversion kit usually for well less than £20 or go and ask a bike shop if theyve got any spare. Also make some using a spacer as a template against some plastic that you can cut with a stanley Knife.

Cheers

On-one do some really nice crmo sprockets in a big range of sizes, for a tenner each. Got to be way better than just using one from a cassette! :)
Gives you a chance to get one of their excellent & bargainous mini-tools at the same time... Sounds like I work for them, I know, but I really don't!

Any bikeshop'll probably have a couple of cassettes in the bin that I'm sure they won't mind you having for the spacers... I just happened to have a couple in the bin in the garage when I wanted some.

Back