Ringlé Hubs - 'period correctness' advise needed please!

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Can somebody put me straight in terms of 'period correctness' for Ringlé Hubs please :?:

I know there's Bubba's, Super Bubba's, Super Eight's, Super Duppa Bubba's and Super Duppa Eights, what years did these babies all get released please?

Hi Neillll (let's make it four ls)
It's a bit hard for me to follow, but a good start would be to look in the Gallery & archive section, there's one Ringlé catalog (94 i think, not sure). Another source could be this http://www.firstflightbikes.com/vintage.htm it's a timeline year per yaer with a list of some of the components available that year, it already helped me.
Third, when Ringlé is written Italic and laser etched it's more recent (no idea of date though) than the one with straight letters and written with stickers.
To be complete (with what I know) Sun Ringlé is even more recent (after Ringlé was bought by Sun) and has little to do whith the old Ringlé parts we hate/love (depending on the direction of the wind).
Not much help, but a start.

Hmmmm couldn't find the Ringle cat...

I've been offered some Super Duppa's but im worried they're too 'late' for my Funk.... :? :?:

Still amazed how i miss the little "thanks" when i try to help people on forums, it must be me.
the ringlé cat is well there (manufacturer archive then search by brand etc.) for the rest others will be more helpful

Cheers, I was text searching for Ringle and the cat scan only had keywords of 'catalogue'....and yeah im grateful ;)

Of course not Jez, i will follow your wise advice. I must be too old school sometimes.
I'm less bitter tonight, i'mhaving a little Baileys right now, my clearout on Ebay gave good results (i haven't lost money buying selling) so it's time to celebrate. Cheers
:D

Back