6ft 4"

Beaker

Retro Guru
Hi Guys

What do you 6ft+ guys (and gals!) think is the best make and size frame for a good fit? I don't want to be right over the bars, I like hard tails with a bouncer front. I will look at any combo though.

I bow to your superior knowledge!

Thanks

I'm 6'3" with long legs (for my height). My best fit is probably my Dave Yates Diabolo 21.5". But also my Axis fits very nicely (with a few spacers in the stem).

I'm 6'2" and i'm happiest on an 18" frame, in fact I had a 17" Scott that was probably the best fitting bike i've ever owned :cool:

What size is your Proflex855? Any good?

I think it's either a medium or large, either way the c-t is 20". I have a longish seatpost (400mm at full extent) and hi-rise stem on it. Fits quite nicely. Went out on it this morning. I have an 857 in Way Big too, but the top tube is perhaps too long for me even though it's a nice seat tube @ 21".

857and855002mediumwi6.jpg

I'm 6'4" with 35" Inside legs and long arms too. I used to always ride 21" frames with 24" top-tubes, i found them comfortable but difficult to throw around. I then tried a 19" with a 23" top-tube and found that to be perfect.

I rode them arse up head down in a sort of XC race setup, i used a 130mm flat stem to achieve this. As i get on a bit i'm changing my stem height to save my back. Still 130mm stem but using rise or spacers to bring the bar height closer to that of the saddle.

In an ideal world i'd probably have something like a 19.5" frame with a 23.5" top-tube so i could run a shorter stem.

Beaker: "Me me mee me me meee. Me me, me.
Mee me mee. Me me me......me 22.5 me."
Bunson: "But we can stretch your legs with this..."
Beaker: "Meeeeee meeeee meeeeee!"

(Oh please tell me I'm the first to reply in Beaker speak?)

The best episode (sorry cant stop) was when Beaker gets caught in the copy machine and it keeps spitting out Beakers that flood the rest of the show.
The episode ends with Beakers as the band instead of the Band.
And then it cuts to Stadler and Waldorf in the balcony but its two Beakers.
One says: Me mee meme. And the other replies: Mee mee me.
Genius.

I'm 6'1" and a bit.. I always ride medium frames though, I cant get on with the large frames :oops:

Got a fullsize bear valley but it just doesnt ride the same as a medium bike :(

Latest posts

Back