Show us your..... Haro's!!

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok mine isn't finished yet. You can see the link in my signature for the build.

But there doesn't seem to be many around! Made some crazy, but good, bike in the early 90's, on the back of many successful years of BMX. Still around now but for us RetroBikers I reckon they are a bit of a bargain for such great bikes.

Mine ticks all the right boxes - neon, elevated chainstay, U-brake.

So let's see yours, if you have one now or used to own one, it doesn't matter. :)

Also if you have any magazine tests, team rider pictures, adverts etc, post 'em up here.

Thanks all!!

Mine so far:

cddb372e.jpg

I had a Green Haro Vector V0 circa mid 90's, nothing to write home about but bullet proof. Much like Gt's triple triangle the bent top tubes a gimmick, probably added a wee bit weight as a bent tubes less strong so more metal might be used to beef it up. Looked cool though ! Wanted a V1 or a V2 which was polished alloy but pockets were not deep enough at the time :roll:

I started buying old e-stay bikes about 2 years ago, and so far I’ve got 4 Haros (3 ½ really). I have a lot of storage space, so I buy them whenever I can, stow them away in “the vault”, and I’ll rebuild them someday when I can find the time.

It appears I'm limited in my pic-loading capability, so I think I'll have to make 2 posts to include all these pics.

The fluoro one I got first. It weighs a ton, it has “battle scars”, and the paint is faded. The seller told me he realigned the chainstays to fit a new rear hub.

I got the brownish-looking one for only 60 simoleans USD from a guy that buys bikes in quantity from auctions. He and his sons "fix them up" (finger quotes) in their garage. He uses WD-40 to clean and lubricate the cables, chain, and rings :shock: , and he sprays Armor-all on the tires so they look shiny "new" :roll: . This one looked like it had been left outside near the Pacific coast, and the paint was bubbled-up in a lot of places. The seller said it was rusted (even though it said "ALUMINUM" on the seat-tube decal :? ). The fork, crank, rings, pedals, chain, seat, brake and shifter levers, wheels, and tires looked like they came from a department store bike. I'm assuming the seller thought the bike was too "rusty" to justify all the original high-end parts, so he took them all off and put them on another bike, and just used junk parts on this one (Humvee forks? Really? :roll: ). I spent a couple of hours chemically stripping the paint, but I would have been much better off just taking it to someone to sandblast and powdercoat, but - hey - Live and Learn; now I know.

(continued)

Attachments

• Aluminum Haro 3.jpg
    Aluminum Haro 3.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 6,983
  • Aluminum Haro 2.jpg
    Aluminum Haro 2.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 6,982
  • Aluminum Haro 1.jpg
    Aluminum Haro 1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 6,983
  • Haro Fluoro.jpg
    Haro Fluoro.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 6,983
(Continued from previous post)

The silver aluminum bike is the same size as the one I stripped, but it’s got some nice parts, it doesn’t weigh a ton, and I’ve actually ridden it a couple of times.

These first 3 bikes are all a bit too tall for me, though, so I may eventually cull them from the herd.

The 4th one, the Extreme Comp has a front aluminum triangle and a chrome rear triangle (like an Alien ACX or a Fisher CR7). I’ve only seen a couple of these on the internet in the last 2 years of diligent searching, and this is the ONLY one I’ve ever seen in my size. I can’t find ANY info on this, so I welcome any input that anyone might have. This bike weighs about 27 pounds, and I don’t think I will ever sell it because it is such a great bike.

Attachments

• Haro Extreme Comp Detail.JPG
    Haro Extreme Comp Detail.JPG
    304.6 KB · Views: 6,987
  • Haro Extreme Comp.JPG
    Haro Extreme Comp.JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 6,985
  • Aluminum Haro rider.JPG
    Aluminum Haro rider.JPG
    375.5 KB · Views: 6,985
vv nice , not seen the alloy ones before , but i have seen a bolted ali/cromo one , was one in a local bike shop years ago
think it was about a grand ,had forgotten all about it tbh
thanks for bringing it back
nice collection

love the flouro :LOL:

A bit more normal looking Haro: 1995 Impulse Comp.
I had this from 1997 to 2005.

Original spec was XT M737 & Judy SL.
I made this a weight weenie project and got it into 19.35 lbs. incl. bar ends and pretty heavy pedals.

I have to see where I have photos of the bike in original spec.

kai_haro.jpg

Back