Apart from Retrobikes........

I have a Yeti ASR-sl at the mo, had a few other new hardtails aswell, but find this suits most of my needs.
Ridley carbon road and a cheap Trek road thing for commuting.

I will carefully sidestep the old/new school bikes debate though :LOL:

I am just finishing a Gary Fisher Big Slur .
First bike with disc brakes and a Fox fork .

that will be the winter bike .

New bikes (as in from the last 5 years) in my stable are

Pace RC303 XCAM/RC41 XCAM, Hope Pro II hubs, QRs, Mono Mini brakes and stem, 2008 XT mechs, Shifters chainset,cassette and chain, Mavic 717 UST rims, Thomson Elite Seatpost, Specialized Rival saddle, Look SL3 pedals,Schwalbe Racing Ralph Tubeless tyres and Easton Monkey Lite Carbon riser bars - was out on this one today. It really is a very good ride indeed.

2006 Kuota Kharma, Campag Record mix of 06 and 07 kit (compact), Mavic SSC brake calipers, Thomson Masterpiece seatpost, Specialized Toupe Team saddle, Pro PLT bars, GASS Moki stem, Speedplay X2 pedals, Fulcrum 3 wheels/Record hubs-DT RR1,1 rims depending... Vredestein Tricomps

2006 Focus Cross Team frame/Pro full carbon fork, Fulcrum 5 wheels, Ultegra 6500 Stis + rear mech, Ultegra 6600 chainset with BBB 39/48 rings, Look SL3 pedals, Empella cantilevers, Ritchey Pro stem/bars, Arione saddle, ITM Millenium seatpost, Dura-Ace 7401 front mech, Schwalbe Racing Ralph tyres FSA Orbit headset, Tektro Carbon cross brake levers.

Oh yeah and a special build test bike for the new Shimano Nexus 8R30 hub.... with Alfine chainset and dynamo front disc hub, Pro Riser bars.... But it's not really mine so.....

What's the point....

Nope - nothing post '97 at the moment. Would fancy a Ventana El Ciclon if pushed...

Mr K

New, yet old school in mentality...

My daily beater is fully rigid frame and fork with a Rohloff Speedhub system, Phil front hub and bottom bracket, luv handles, King headset, Thomson stem and post, Brooks Swift saddle, White Industries ENO cranks and Magura Martas.

Such a pleasure to ride, and makes me break out into a smile every time I clean a section of knarly single track that my full squishy brothers end up walking up.

Nothing better than keeping it simple, pointing down trail and stroking hard. :D

cheers,

rody

Well, apart from my 1996 Proflex Beast and my girlfriends 1997 Zaskar I have my newish Control Tech Carbon Mountain Bike, just sitting in my office now cos its too wet to take it out(dont wanna get it dirty!!).

Looking to retire the Proflex though. Cant decide whether to go hardtail, maybe a Dean Titanium(new or old) or Yeti Arc(2005 if I can find one), or go full supension with a Yeti ASR-SL. Really just wanna swap over my bits from my Proflex though, which I think rules out the ASR as its disc only and I cant face buying new wheels and brakes. Decisions decisions.

I'm new to this retrobike lark so at the moment it's only 'new' bikes for me I'm afraid. An '05 Marin Nail Trail SE for the rough stuff and I'm just waiting for a Cycle2Work voucher so I can go ahead and order an '08 Condor Italia for the road.

I promise to add a retro to the pack as soon as I can find the right project, honest!

Only a Scott Scale 60 (2007) completely rebuild (I liked the colour and it had v-brake mounts) and there a Tomac Eli laying underneath my bed.

Back