Posting to Germany - how?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Well, I've just had an abortive visit to the Post Office where I was asked for over £25 to send a pair of forks to Germany - I asked and they said that this was the most economical method! I'm unconvinced that this can be true (I was quoted about a tenner earlier and shipping rates in the EU seem much lower when buying on ebay.de and from previous sending experience) so I politely declined. I ask you, when not on strike we're being asked to pay through the nose (and with a nose as big as mine that is clearly a considerable amount!).

So, any more competitive rates to the EU via other companies/services? The package is under 2.3kg and measures just under 85cm by just under 20cm by just under 15cm.

Thanks in advance

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've just checked the parcelforce price list and that sounds about right! :shock:

Is there one of these 'postbox' type shops down in Hairy Foot?....The ones that deal with DHL, FedX etc?

If there is , I'd try them. ;)

Parcel2go is more expensive .

your only opton is to :

Cut down on package to be under 2kg

and dismantle the fork if suspension fork to make it under 60cm .

if you can do that it will be small package and will cost you £8

If you cant do that £25 is the cheapest you will get as they need to send it via parcelforce .

I had to do that to send a fork to france last week .

mind you - just plugged those figures into their quote system and it came out at £24.29 :roll:

can you get it smaller as it's the volume that's the problem not so much the weight?

when i send forks (sus) , i invert the steerer so that its between the legs , making it half the length

you could even remove the crown altogether and just wrap them in a little bundle

As advised I split the forks into two parcels (a leg in each, braces removed) and went back to the Post Office this lunchtime. I paid under £11 for both parcels, a massive improvement over the £25 quoted on Saturday.

So, thanks again all, the knowledge on here is strong

Back