"Classic" MTB Bike show anyone (Big Gulp)

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
OK just a suggestion, but who would be up for this, would take a lot of organising, but what about a big indoor Retro MTB show and cycle jumble? The Classic Bike and Car shows are so popular now, we ought to be able to get something off the ground chaps. Would take a year to organise or more, but it would be well, well, worth it! We probably have enough classics between us to fill Donington exhibition hall twice over. They have these in the states and they work really well. Could we tag onto the Classic bike/car show and have ride out day too! Come on with the ideas, would be great. Special guest stars:??? the mind boggles.

Show

Could be although I was thinking more an indoor exhibition centre day out. With a big showw of trade/jumble stands.

I think it's a fine idea but you'd have to tag it onto something else if you want to go indoor, Ideally an established event.

They charge BIG money for indoor venues.

Costs

Yes that would be the biggest hurdle really, joint charity event? venue? Need some one who has the right venue and is a keen MTB'r?

There was a similar event this year at the Sea Otter classic, one of the biggest cycling events in the United States. A bunch of the regulars at the MTBR Vintage Classic Retro forum all showed up with their best bikes, and even held a ride on the course.

There must be some big meets in England where there are industry exhibitors and crowds of non-cyclists. Find one and talk to the directors. Failing that, just post a notice here and everyone show up!

Well i am up for this!

Starting small may well be the answar though.

If you need someone in the deep southwest to try and rally support give me a shout.

Cheers,Al

that sounds cool! at last id be able to sell some of my retro stuff, that i never have time to stick on here with pictures etc. & also to show some stuff off :D

wrong time of the year, but an outdoor event would be easier??

The best bet would to be to hold it at a event such as MM or York Rally. Pitches at Earls court and setting up etc cost around 30k for some by the end!!!!! :shock:

If you did at MM, you could just pitch a big marque up. Bar at one end, bikes the other. :LOL:

Back