Dyna-Tech build - advice and opinins needed.

cherrybomb

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Ok.

So I'm awaiting delivery of an unusual aluminium main tubed Dyna-Tech frame from Wold Ranger

Dynatech001.jpg

....and some nice Marzocchi XCR air forks to go with it.

MarzocchiXCr-1.jpg

(Thanks Philip ;) ).

I've also sourced some XT /Mavic 317 Wheels from John, Cheers! :LOL:

Wheels01.jpg

My idea is that this will probably replace my Orange E4 as main cross country bike, and the E4 will be parted out and F&F sold to help fund something else. ;)

This has raised a few issues which I'd be interested to hear opinions on.

First off, I have a spangely new Cane Creek S2 a-head set; do I use this or try and trade it for something a bit more retro?

Second, I will use the 8 speed XT kit off the Orange, but should I go with the V brakes or source some XT canties and levers?

Third, (and this is a bit more complicated). I really like the look of the old Marzocchi forks and I'd be mad not to use them......

BUT The XCRs could go on the Karakoram which would look cool with a custom colour coded look AND.....for some reason the look of the Raleigh frame just screams out for something a little more off the wall to me? :?

Maybe something like an AMP or Girvin Crosslink????

What do you folks think??

That is a very nice looking frame - very jealous!

For the forks I wouldn't fit the marzocchi's. The dynatech frames were normally fairly stiff and responsive. The marzocchi's are the complete opposite! Had a set on a diamond back and they were appalling. Flexed everywhere and barely suited the full sus they were on. The girvins would be a nice choice or possibly a set of pace's.

Ed

What about some nice polished Pace Rc30's like these

Ebay RC30's

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm inclined to agree about not using the Zoke's on this bike, not sure about the Girvin style ones though either. Manitous would look nice with that lugging!

If you decide to go for XT Canti's I have a set of as new 737's complete. Come to think of it I have a set of manitou Comp's too with new Elastomers :LOL: but how nice would a set of mani's look with matching silver legs and blue lugs?

Tim

I thought you were keeping your GT rigid? ;)

If I were you, put the XCR's on the GT and some Mag21's on the Dyna. I seem to remember the old Team Raleigh bikes, when they did use shocks on the front, they were Rock Shox.

I'd love to see the Dyna built up with XT.....would look luuurrrrvvvvly :cool:

The GT will probably stay rigid TBH. ;)

........BUT now it seems I have a choice and I'm not good with them! :roll: :D

One big problem (for me) I don't do Rock Shocks!............MTB equivalent of Microsoft if you ask me!, so Mag 21's are WAY out of the question. :D

I quite like the Manitou idea with colour coded lugs.....humm??

Anyone got any USE forks?? :mrgreen:

Go on, do the Manitou idea, it will look great!

Ooh, you could even use retrobike stickers on the whole bike, it's got the right colours, could become the official mascot??**!!

Ok, I'll shut up now then. :oops:

Surely there's no contest then with the forks?

That blue sure would look good on a set of Manitous. Someone is selling a set of Sports for only £40 fully refurbed in the For sale bit, they look mint. get in there.

Not sure why I'm doing myself out of a sale :?

Tim

Back