If 'They' were to remake just one thing...Wish hard gang...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok, imagine you just found an old oil lamp and unbelievably a cycle genie popped out and offered you the chance to make your wish come true and get a major bike company come back from beyond the grave and re-issue one thing...just one...what would you choose?

Would you think, oohh, oohh, a green zooka in a decent not too long length?

Ahh, I can have a 2008/ 1990 Attitude without the fatigued alu fears?

Mmm, at last a never ending supply of ground controls in umma gumma grey?

Or a new thing with an old twist?

Fire XCpro 2.1 with an amber wall?

M970 XTR 9spd Thumbies?

Go on...dream a little... :D

Oh god.....this is a really hard decison to make, how many posts are we allowed!

Well, I think it'll have to be the Diamond Back Response Elite from roughly 1995. It was just above the Apex in the line up, and came with Manitous and a mix of LX and XT.

If DB read this, can you please run production again!!!

So sorry. I know i sound like a broken record (not a CD as too new) But for me it has to be Trimble.

ameybrook":2gxi9afp said:
A re-issue anything would take away from 'the hunt,' and then the kill wouldn't be that rewarding.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/bli/440353839.html

This has sort of happened in classic car circles already - companies have started producing reproduction early/collectible wheels from VW & Porsche. Original wheels worth up to £1000-a-corner can be had in repro form for as low as £100 per wheel. Doesn't seem to put off the purists though.... ;)

So many but I wish Kona could turn back the clock to when they were still making decent bikes (around about the time you could still buy a new Hot and Hei Hei...).

Yeah I know Mike, Nike killed the trainer collector's world when they started re-issuing '95 Airmax's and dropped teh bottom out of the market we were all making loads from, but hey, it's just a fantasy... :D

As for time machines..shh, don't tell anyone, but i've got my own... ;)

But I LOVE that guy's version. Better looking than mine too - all svelte and domestic looking. :D

Mine wouldn't be bike related at all! :oops:

Original black bumper 1977 Tamiya Sand Scorcher with Acoms radio gear. :cool:

Back