Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Sounds like we've a few budding Mark Batts on this board. Sooo what is your highest hop of all time. Managed a modest 12" in my front road once. Was never able (nor am I able to still) bunnyhop properly. More just yanked up on the powergrips/spds.

i think mine was probably trying to bail, forgetting that i was well and truly clipped in! :D

3" here i come!

back in my early 80's bmx prime, mine may have been in the highest vote.
stafford county showground as i recall.
resulted in a trip to the local hospital with a broken wrist.
does this count? ;)

I 'can' bunny hop - but not massively. Spds help (cant see how you can do it with flatties!)

I did break my colar bone by launching off a table top and er... crashing horribly. Fear of flight you may call it now...

When it first came out me and a few guys had an impromptude (sp?) competition..I managed an unofficial 21" and another guys managed 30"..now that was scarey!

Rich

One of the guys I used to go riding with could clear 2ft on a muddy fox courier with platform pedals! Honest! :shock:
Nobody could work out how - not even him!

Here's a thought: Would it be possible to use compressed air (a la sodastream canister on frame) to "boost" a jump on sus' bike?
I had a pogo stick as a kid which worked a bit like this. If you released the compressed air at the right time it would boost your jump scarily! Good for jumping stiles instead of carrying the bike!

Learning to bunnyhop with flat pedals is a bit tricky, but once you've got it sussed then doing it clipless is cheating :D

It depends entirely on what is in front of you, I can never seem to hop as high when faced with just a height bar...

come on guy's it's easy!

with flatties, lean forward, over the bars point your toes at about a 40 degree angle towards the ground, bend knees and kind of launch yourself forward and up! a foot should be easy enough! :D

I have unofically done 30" but at a competition i have done 25.5" at the marin race at wendover in 1990. Jez avery did 38 inches, bit of a hard act to follw at 16!!

have you tried on a modern bike, you cant do nearly as well the forks and shock soak it all up! okay so it just im fat and old these days!!

Back