Identify these wheels?

Steve H

Dirt Disciple
Anyone know what wheels are on this Klein?
Are they easy to come by? pricey? strong enough for XC use?

3_19_copy_128.jpg

(.V.) :LOL: ... sorry yeh wheels.. think they're spinergies, leading edge of the carbon was fragile if you ride in the rocks, later versions came with some kind of protection. henrik djneris (sp!) rode them briefly AFAIK

yeah Spinergys.

Dangerous things.

I had these and a pair of REV X ROKS (5 spoked with alloy rim) which were a little better. Quite slow wheels.

Could slide your finger off too. :?

MMMMmmmmmmm...............

Oh.....yea, sorry, wheels. I think their early Spinergys. Fragile, but nice. Also, very sharp edges. I know of a guy at a race meet cutting his hand on one...... :shock:

Hmm, cheers guys. I absolutley love mag wheels (they are mag wheels right?) what other companies make/made them? Spin?

And what we you doing on that website? Don't try and tell us you were looking for a bikini for the missus as that one never washes!

Steve H":2b4p9mbe said:
Hmm, cheers guys. I absolutley love mag wheels (they are mag wheels right?) what other companies make/made them? Spin?

my friend in uni tod had a front spin & despite being a total bike wrecker, regularly crashing his brains out if took him a fair old while to brake it & even then it was the alu rim part that broke, which I believe was replaceable through Spin.. (or in other words if you ride normally it should be fine :)

pete_mcc":2v9q4se2 said:
And what we you doing on that website? Don't try and tell us you were looking for a bikini for the missus as that one never washes!

I actually found it on this website, in the off topic forum. Some sort of NSFW thread with loads of scantily clad birds.

Steve,

NOT mag wheels, they are in fact flat bladed carbon "spokes" that are riveted to the Hub/rim interface.

cheers,

rody

I actually have a lot of experience with Rev-Xs. Its the reason I joined RB, my first post was searching for them.

The wheels themselves are strong. I've never broken a pair, but then again I weigh 135lbs. The rear hubs, however, are prone to failure. They have a bad rap, but they still sell for $400+ on ebay. And if you have the rar(er) disc versions, forgeddaboudit.

Back