Miyata Taco Ridge Runner

drsteel

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
Hello to everyone. M from the Philippines. I want to ask about a Miyata TACO Ridge Runner MTB which I bought in a japan surplus shop here. . Still has decals on it. One on the seat tube says it was designed by Grag Herbold. Its a full chromoly frame. Is this their entry level model in Japan? Want to ask- Are all MTB miyata frames made of STB tubing even on their entry level bike? When my bike was dissassembled, I felt a line or ridge on its downtube from the bottom bracket connection all the way up to the headtube. None of it existed on the seat tube. Is this the spline? I noticed that the seat tube is dented in its lowest part (only on one side)when I peeked thru the bottom bracket hole. My frame is size 14. I cant think of anything that would dent the lowest portion of the seat tube unless it was deliberately made or designed that way. Any clarifications on this would certainly be of help. Thanks very much. Want to upload pics but the file size is too big. Will try again.

Yes, put up some pics. That would sure help. You could also try flickr or photobucket.

What you describe doesn't sound like the splines. The are in the inside of the tubing, at the ends. They have a spiral shape.

Melvin,

I just came across this, can't get a better photo. It says Taco Ridge runner, looks like it has STX.

Hope you can gather more info and share with us.

:)

Attachments

• Taco Ridge Runner.jpeg
    Taco Ridge Runner.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,199
  • Taco Ridge Runner 1.jpeg
    Taco Ridge Runner 1.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,195
Back