Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:31 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:54 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Computerbitz, how funny, I just realised that I had actually contibuted to that post at the time about the chain issue.

Mine is all 8 spd, this is what I have if you get a refund and are interested.

Brake/gear lever combo; front mech, rear mech, cassette, chain, canti's, hubs on Mavic rims, all the same XT groupo, and an LX crank set. Chain, rings, cassette, and cantis all less that 50 road miles. Would happily split, can give you exact model numbers, pic's etc. As I said, i was planning to put this all on here soon anyway, so am happy to hang on until you can give me a defo answer before putting on.

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:59 pm 
Retro Guru

lol didnt even notice you had replied to original post either, Cheers for offer will bear it in mind when i get dispute sorted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:27 pm 
Retro Guru

Well posted bad feedback and still nothing from him not even a fabricated why its late time to progress paypal claim me thinks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:56 am 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

exbiker wrote:
Ebay feedback system is nothing but a farce, i waited 38 days for a delivery, was told 3 times it had been sent out, and when i finally had enough i told the guy he was going to get a negative he replied saying he would leave me one, even though i paid about a minute after i won :evil:

And Ebay will not intervene with the feedback system :roll:

Good point. I've been in that situation too. So left a neutral and then wrote a negative write up. It worked they didn't leave any feed back which is better than a neg. But Bay should have some why of sorting this problem :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:16 pm 
Retro Guru

the buyer is no longer a registered ebay user :twisted: :twisted: paypal claim escalated right away bloody fuming at this arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh want to hit him mangle him in my wheels and so on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:00 pm 
Retro Guru

i'm not a regular e-bay user so i'm not sure if you could do this, but could you open up a spoof e-bay account (using a new anonymous hotmail a/c) used purely to put negative comments on a.holes accounts in the event of them ripping you off? bit like having a spoof facebook account to send msgs to people when you want to remain anonymous...?

obviously you wouldn't put negative comments with any reference to the transaction in question which would make it obvious who you really are..? and you'd leave it a week or two..

either that, or find out where they live and hit them hard with a crank extractor in a sock....... good luck mate, hope it works out :wink: