1990 Fat Chance Wicked: Price valuation please.

stevek

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bought a 1990 Wicked last year, good and solid but a little tired in the paintwork department.

I had it bead blasted and repainted soon after and have since been waiting for decals to arrive from Wendyl (ex Fat Chance) ever since 8th December last year. They've been paid for but despite weekly emails to her none have been replied to and I guess they're not gonna show up now and I can kiss that money goodbye?

Doug over on FatCogs is working on FAT decals so it looks as though I'll be able to source some from him so there could be light at the end of the tunnel. I should be able to get the decals and finally get it clear coated at last.

The thing is, due to the amount of time I've been hanging around waiting for these "ghost" decals to appear I've kinda lost interest, after buying the frame and accumulating all the gear to build it up it's just been sat in the garage awaiting assembly for over three and a half months! I've already got a Yo so do I really need a Wicked as well? I've also got another four complete bikes aside from the Yo and another frame. The thing is, I've just gone and bought an Ibis Mojo so that'll need building up.

A mate has expressed an interest in buying the Wicked off me so what would be a fair price for it as it is now?

Ta
Steve

Attachments

• Wicked painted (Large).JPG
    Wicked painted (Large).JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 3,166
Hmmm... Wicked FAT, to me most diserable FAT at the moment

...hence one of the most desirable bikes

No clue about value in GBP, but you could make $158 additional if the decals are there :mrgreen:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
yeah I'd wait to get "some" decals on it - it will sell better and save your mate getting them and making a mess of it.

I reckon around the £200.00+ easily as it looks spankin.

Get them decals on it!

Yeah, it really is a spankin paintjob! :D

I really would like to get decals on it but I'm fed up waiting, he's offered me £200 as an opener, I'm not into making money out of a mate, just after the going rate for the frame in it's current condition.

He's only asked for the frame but I'll also throw in the b/b, seatpin and quill stem so not a bad deal I guess.

Turns out that it's a mate of my mate's who's interested.

So, we're saying £200 for the frame?

Would I be mad lobbing the other stuff in for free as well?

What about with the FAT unicrown forks, press in b/b, seatpost and 1" quill stem?

I don't know but for some kind of reason GBP200 for that with decals sounds like a bargain to me.

We're getting there on the new decals. I'm hoping to get the art out in the next week or so for the first sets of Wicked decals, and I am working on the Yo Eddy stuff right now.

I have tracked down a set of Monster Fat originals, too, that we may be able to sacrifice for the good of the future reproductions, so we have a pretty good foundation being built.

Don't sell 'er. The Wicked is still one of the best Fats, in my opinion. I really think you'd regret it down the road.

;)

Donno if you guys have seen these or not (posted on FatCogs), but here's a taste of some of the new artwork being done for the repros...

Attachments

• fat_wicked_decals.gif
    fat_wicked_decals.gif
    39.7 KB · Views: 3,032
Doug Carter":17flt4r0 said:
Don't sell 'er. The Wicked is still one of the best Fats, in my opinion. I really think you'd regret it down the road.

Doug is right

THE best if you are not really in the weightweenie department? Smaller diameter tubing and longer stays make it more comfortable then Yo. Two things I really appreciate are classic lines and the tad more upright position.

For me the Wicked along with some others mark a turning point in MTB history. From that point a lot went downhill.

Latest posts

Back