whats this unused specialized? (pos prototype?)

stevenery

Dirt Disciple
Well a chap came into work today carrying a somewhat pretty specialized which he didn't have a ******* clue about! he used to work for some company back in America who where linked to Specialized and i "think" they made some of frame tubing or at least done some kind of development on them. He doesn't want it and being unused and kitted out so well you know i'm sure its a bit of a gem which might have to appear on ebay soon but i'll see what happens first

Basically i'll get more history on the bike over the next few days but for now heres some really badly/quickly taken pics:

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb87 ... ecialized/

M2 frame , July FSX forks .
I have seen the brakes before but cant remeber what they are called .
Titanium spokes .

nice bike .

Spesh

Yep, just researching mine - so that's a 95 M2 with carbon legged 3" Judy forks. The brakes are Marinovative, if I recall - I have some identical Mzarek copies which are lighter than air.

Tidy looking Team issue bike!

Mr K

Neil's spot on, on the brakes.

Paul's derailleurs, Hugi hubs.

That whole bike is sorted.

It's a strip and flip if I've ever seen one.

Grrrr!
No pics this morning :cry: , Photo Bucket site maintenance......
Can you upload pics in a different way so we can have a look???

Re: Spesh

mrkawasaki":qqcp7a2v said:
Yep, just researching mine - so that's a 95 M2 with carbon legged 3" Judy forks. The brakes are Marinovative, if I recall - I have some identical Mzarek copies which are lighter than air.

Tidy looking Team issue bike!

Mr K

The brakes are called "Marinovative CheapTrick".....

Nice bike! Would strip it and sell it in parts! Will give you a lot more $$$$

Cheers

Managed to see pics.........worth the wait.
Mmmmmmm.........even nicer than Kiera Knightly smothered in ice cream ;)

Actually I think it's a 1996 M2 Team frame... because of the white/blue decals (1995 were white/black) and those cone-shaped-seat-stay-thingies (as seen in photo 2) were introduced in 1996 too IIRC? Also the FSX forks are the 1996 model (I still have the 1996 catalogues with all the S-works, normal bikes and components).

Anyway, it looks excactely like mine and mine is a 1996 M2 Team in size "circus midget" :-D

Back