What's the best bike thing you ever purchased?

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
After depressing myself on Mattythemod's thread, I thought we should all think about the BEST thing we ever purchased.

For me, I think it will have to be my Deore XT SPuD's.

My first clipless pedals, brought second hand from a clubmate in '94 and still going strong today! I've never stripped them out, never re-greased them, but they have never let me down! I love them!

The thing that i was genuinely the happiest about BITD was a set of second hand DX thumbies from a mate (for £5), complete with blue alloy bolts :D

I'm highly impressed with my M970 XTR SPuDs, they're certainly the best clipless pedals i've ever bought and i have a history of not getting on with pedals.

Specialized Airforce helmet. Got hit by a taxi in London, helmet smashed but my head didn't!

Best bit of bling was my first flite saddle. Used to cut up old saddles to make them look flite-like when I was a poor 15 year old, but nothing comes near the feeling I had a I fitted my first REAL flite saddle with the red writing and the red tag!
Next was the DX spds, turned my first bike into a real MTB (complete with people asking the all important question that made you feel sooo pro, 'what happens when you stop, how do you get your feet out?')

pete_mcc":17y1s659 said:
Specialized Airforce helmet. Got hit by a taxi in London, helmet smashed but my head didn't!

They did make them well, I smashed one when a doubles jump went wrong, but hey, my head didnt break!

parks crank puller, and my kona lava dome. the first stopped me killing components, the 2nd made me love riding again.

A Park tools head set / pedal spanner.

I have had it for 15 years now, used it on countless bikes, also good for getting viscous fans off BMW 3.5 litre engines!

Cost per use it has to be the cheapest tool ever!

Stick Legs":11s52703 said:
A Park tools head set / pedal spanner.

I have had it for 15 years now, used it on countless bikes, also good for getting viscous fans off BMW 3.5 litre engines!

Cost per use it has to be the cheapest tool ever!

Park stuff is very good. I've used the same Park cable cutters for around 15 years. Beats fraying the end with pliers!

Back