This just in from the MTB Hall of Fame (or mtbhof). Sadly it looks like Geoff Apps was over looked once again. Still some very deserving inductees nonetheless.
The 2011 inductees are:
• Bob Allen, Journalism
- whose photographic vision and advocacy have contributed to and continue to add to the collective memory and evolution of mountain biking.
• Patrice Drouin & Chantal Lachance, Promotion
- two Canadian promoters who have fueled much success and fun into mountain bike racing.
• The Laguna Rads, Pioneers
- 80 or so individuals who have taken the adventure and camaraderie of mountain biking to a new level, while preserving the original spirit of the sport.
• Pete Webber, Advocacy
- his influential work as IMBA's membership and communications director led directly to the growth and professionalism that marks IMBA today.
To read full biographies about these deserving folk, visit our website www.mtnbikehalloffame.com
and click on the 2011 Inductees link.
Elected by a vote of past Hall of Fame Inductees and current Hall of Fame members, these folks will be welcomed into the Hall on Wednesday, September 14th, 2011. The Induction Ceremony will take place at 6:00 p.m. during the Interbike Show in Las Vegas. The event is held at the Sand's Expo and Convention Center, Rooms 206/207, immediately following the first day of the indoor show. All Interbike attendees as well as the public are welcome. Mark your calenders!
New Belgium Brewing Company, the makers of Fat Tire Ale and many other great micro-brews, will provide the libations.