Anodising....

Will Palmer

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have a few bits and bobs whose anodising has seen better days, does anyone know of anywhere that would dip and re-anodise random alloy parts in a colour of my choice!?

I used a permanent marker pen to touch in some scratches on my purple anodised Marzocchi forks. Almost invisible for small repairs.

Good idea - that'll sort a couple of problems...

However, I have a pair of TopLine SLS cranks that are all purple but the anodising has predictably worn on the outside edge of the shafts so they're virtually silver along most of the length - I'd love to get them re-anodised, potentially a different colour...

Mansfield Anodisers. google them for details.

They have a minimum order of about £20 so they're ideal for bits and bobs. They normally do one off stuff for aerospace jobs so they're good at what they do.

Could do with mine done

Will Palmer":17hu9lzu said:
Good idea - that'll sort a couple of problems...

However, I have a pair of TopLine SLS cranks that are all purple but the anodising has predictably worn on the outside edge of the shafts so they're virtually silver along most of the length - I'd love to get them re-anodised, potentially a different colour...

There are a few of us on here looking for left hand COOK BROS crank arms...But if we could find a decent anodiser, would solve the problem :D
Purple for my stuff though....Got a crank arm 2 bottle cages etc to re-do..
if ya find someone please let me know :D

Oooh Thats good news, its only up the road from me as I live in Mansfield so will have to check them out, didn't even realise there was someone in mansfield doing it lol

It appears they anodise in Orange too... now there's a colour that you don't see on bikes everyday!

*thinks* Would it be excessive to start a new build and get all bits specifically anodised orange for the project :? *thinks*

Speak to the guys st Mansfield, they're really top blokes and have a real thing for getting stuff right.

I use them for custom RC car parts and they do a very nice job.

They can strip and prep stuff too if that helps, oh and it goes without saying, the more stuff you send the cheaper it gets per item. ;)

Latest posts

Back