Dangerous animals on the road

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
squir'rel n. small graceful bushy-tailed tree animal.

should read ...

bloody nuisance, an accident waiting to happen.

I had to swerve around three this morning out on my road bike, the little buggers suddenly dash out from the verge when you startle them.

Hmm, similar problems for me on the ride home from work the other day. There were at least 10 bearded dragons on the cyclepath, one of which I didn't see until I nearly ran it over (great camo for tarmac, see) and another which decided to run in front of me. Grrrr!

Just run the squirrels over, it's official I saw it on the One Show....all grey squirells are evil immigrants, and the longer they live the quiker they will anihilate our indeginous lovely Red squirrel. Kill them all.

Not so much a dangerous animal but I did run over a fish once whilst fording a small stream half way up Ingleborough. Must have just clipped it as all I can remember is a silver flash emerging from the water by my front wheel.

Then my rear mech fell apart on the way down.

Great riding!!

Geoff":1numdfw6 said:
Hmm, similar problems for me on the ride home from work the other day. There were at least 10 bearded dragons on the cyclepath, one of which I didn't see until I nearly ran it over (great camo for tarmac, see) and another which decided to run in front of me. Grrrr!

my sister mowns about bearded dragons mainly about the one that keeps invading her bedroom anyway says they are dont make good house guests lol :LOL: :LOL:

jim-laden":2nf54o2u said:
Not so much a dangerous animal but I did run over a fish once whilst fording a small stream half way up Ingleborough. Must have just clipped it as all I can remember is a silver flash emerging from the water by my front wheel.

Then my rear mech fell apart on the way down.

Great riding!!

Yep Gray's are tree rats. Death :twisted:
Reds are cool :cool:

I went straight over a hedghog once on my old saracen.
I stoped, turned round to see what it was, when it run away.

tintin40":3e7w5w50 said:
Yep Gray's are tree rats. Death :twisted:
Reds are cool :cool:

Black ones are uber cool. Used to see them riding from Letchworth to Chicksands BITD. They lived in the grounds of a hospital we used to cut through :)

heathy":bz99j512 said:
I went straight over a hedghog once on my old saracen.
I stoped, turned round to see what it was, when it run away.

Yeah Heathy I note you only turned around to look at it "when" it ran away...scaredy-cat :roll:

Back