Sideways surfing

snooks

Old School Hero
Went for a quick blast along the thames this morning, all going well till I hit some cobbles...Didn't brake, didn't turn, carried straight on, bike slid away from under me...I hit the cobbles with my hip and then slid...bike was sliding infront of me, I was bouncing along on my rse behind it thinking "this is hurting, actually this is hurting a lot...erm when am I going to stop?...so this is what motorbikers feel like...oh I hope my bike is OK"...and then I stopped!

Hurts when I walk, hurts when I sit, hurts when I stand!

Going to the bike show to buy some clothes, the top that I was wearing is ripped (bummer)....Any excuse for new kit! :D

Reminds me of my downhilling days in the mid 90's. West Oz tracks are mainly rock and gravel, so any crash usually results in a fair bit of missing skin.

The first aid people used to hand you a bit of gauze and water and told you to start scrubbing out the gravel before they'd patch you up. Great times...

Hope you recover soon mate and go silly on the kit purchases in the interim!!

Cobbles

Been there, done that....was it the cobbles as you come into Richmond?
Had a aubergene coloured leg for weeks after a similar spill. Ouch!

i hate crashing bout as much as you i feel your pain dont buy any koski cloths there a rip of at the show this year full price no less the yeti standhas some good tee's thow :cool: :cry:

We bikers like to say that you aren't trying hard enough if you don't crash!

As you say it's a good excuse to buy some tarty bits. ;)

Re: Cobbles

Harryburgundy":2qp2xsvb said:
Been there, done that....was it the cobbles as you come into Richmond?
Had a aubergene coloured leg for weeks after a similar spill. Ouch!

I'd just come down the cobbled bit from the high street toward the White Cross...That was fine, I was carrying a bit of speed from the hill...then my Kona did it's incredible vanishing bike trick, next thing I know I've come down with a 14 stone thud and I'm skidding past the pub using my Rse as a brake!

Half of me is covered in mud, the other half spotless.

Even riding slowly along the rest of the cobbles I could feel my bike slipping. I think the high tide had left a layer of slimey silt on the cobbles...I didn't stand a chance really :roll:

I can hardly move this morning...more aches than yesterday...Boo!

Back