Who rides their bikes in the mud?

haberdashery

Devout Dirtbag
I am fairly new to this forum, and love the enthusiasm for the bikes I grew up with. However I regularly read posts for wonderful bikes for sale which members have built at great cost both time wise and financially, saying in the ads 'only ridden on the road' and the like.

I can promise that when I finish my current build of a 1990 Expolsif with very nice nick rare parts I will thrash the **** out of it like I would brand new bike.

Is it just me, or do others agree that it is disrespectful to these wonderful steeds to not let them play in the mud like they were designed for? :D

All of my bikes get ridden as they should be

Ragged to within an inch of their lives

To me the same applies to any bike, although I would be more careful with a rare bike it would still see mud.

1991:

Capital_forrest0001.jpg

Last Sunday fathers day ride with my kids:

ZackSkyFatherdayride11.jpg

tintin40":1agtvtlu said:
some times and hate myself for doing it
Do you give yourself 50 lashes with your carbon fibre whip after getting a Trimble dirty ;)

Mud :!:

The last of my bikes too get any form of mudstyle riding was my Fat.. That was snow. :LOL:

(Does anyone else think the bloke kneeling in Chris' picture looks a little too excited too be kneeling on the floor?)

;)

Seriously though. Mud is good for bikes.. God awful for Skinwall tires but good for bikes.

Back