The One That Got Away...What Was Your's?...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I know I know, it's all been said before here and there, but for the benefit of newer members and those of us that have forgotten or want to hear anyway...

Given the joint benefit of encroaching middle age, hindsight, overdrafts and eBay...

What were your ones that got away?

For me...

*1988 Saracen Kili Flyer in gloss pink - loved that bike. Thought I had it under the tree, was a Trekker instead - loved it all the same (better colour actually) :D

*1988 Specialized Stumpjumper in Green and Pink - I'd have sold a Kidney if I were old enough. :(

*1990 Klein Attitude - You would wouldn't you? :shock:

*199? Pace RC200 in Green - Soooo nearly bought one and Sooooo wish I had. :roll:

*1999 Cannondale F1000 in Purpleen gloss...MMMMMM! :D

*2006 Lemond Poprad Disc - Decided 'Yes' just after the last 52cm was sold in the UK! - Lovely orange colour. :eek:

There are probably more, but those stick in the mind.

So, If you haven't found them since, which were your one's that got away?

:?: :?: :?:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
On e-bay a Klein Adroit 1996. in met red But silver linning it was a 19'' which is a little small

Selling Trimble frame 222. :twisted: :cry:

I've been lucky to have never held any regret for any bike I've gotten rid of. It was the right time for each bike when the sale came, and I still own and ride my first real bike (the Lava Dome). However, I had to give my 95 Hei Hei back to the team when I stopped riding for them, and I'd love to have it again.

clear coated, fillet brazed, 91 a la carte, and a 16" rasta a la carte frame... oh, if only!

kind of regret buying a new FSR S-Works, only to not build it up for a year, and then find out it was tosh, so sell it at a mahoosive loss :(

around the time i was buying my first mountain bike, there was a lovely used diamond back ascent chained up outside one of my LBS's, sized beuatifully for me, mint condition. by the time i had funds together it was gone

:idea: GT Psyclone with browning front suspension (bidded on a trimble instead - that I didn't win :( )

:idea: Marin Pine mountain, again with browning suspension (I was way too poor when that appeared ont bay)

Other than that , I got most of my unicorns now :)

Still wouldn't mind a fat tho

Back