Monday Baiku

Joe

Retro Guru
Misty morning. Ring Wu. A new route for him. Fix bikes & ride out fast. No tea, no tea-shops open. Is this not England? Do they not want to make money? Pedal off in indignant rage. Climb the downs, lungs burning as we ascend into a misty land that time forgot. There could be anything up there. Fast rolling decents as we hammer on round. Sheep not dinoaurs greet us, bleating with laughter at my own fantasy. Mist clears and the real dinosaurs appear, hawks circling above us. Buzzard pearched on fence. Freehubs growl as we dive through the trees. Out of cover, back to home. Awesome ride.

Mountain Bike today. Given a time ultimatum by 'The Hooligan'. Arrive at his door, puncture fixed, not awake. He had no deadline. Tricked. Grr. Head out to discover new horizons on my doorstep. Stunning views. Climbing above the mist and imagine it's the clouds. What you can see is beautiful. What you can't see makes it even more so. Stirring stuff. Eat maltloaf. Talk to horses. Ignored by mountain bikers. F*ck new school. All that travel and no manners. Pah! Even The Hooligan's tryes are Hooligan - chucks a rock up and hits all three main tubes in a pinball 'ting, tang, thud' soundtrack. (He's) Lucky it's not painted. Maltloaf. Pee. Get lost. Get found. Spin long and fast. Talk to sheep. Bike shop chat and purchase. Spin home. Roadies say hello. In the door, pasta on the stove, Enter the Wu-Tang in my head. Best ride I ever did.

Going sweet this morning. Too good to last. Got a puncture :twisted: But then saw a nice 'eye candy' 07 Lamborghini :cool:
At least not raining :D Silver lining and all that :roll:

up nice and early sunday morning , wife and kids off to the boot fair, M2 reday for one of his last outings before being retired to more retro duties .
a lot of mist and a weird noise . on close inspection , the granny rings bolts have decided to go on a different route , so last bit of the climb will be on foot .
never mind , it is a lovely morning .

Latest posts

Back