Whats the best 8 speed chain to get

sachs/sedis/SRAM PCx8

the higher X is, the better the chain

PCx9 is 9-speed stuff

Any Sram (or Sedis as they always used to be) - no discernible difference in performance between the various models.

Max P":13voupnt said:
Any Sram (or Sedis as they always used to be) - no discernible difference in performance between the various models.

No but the PC68 looks waaay nicer than the cheaper ones :LOL:

i'll 2nd (3rd?) the PC68 suggestion. made a *world* of difference over the sachs i had been running on my campy 8-speed road drivetrain...so much so that i immediately got another for my xt 8-speed retro mtb drivetrain. not as night & day different as compared to the uniglide, but a bit quicker/cleaner shifting to be sure.

For my latest Carbon project I tried to find the best 8 speed chain. Now if the most expensive means the best I bought a ROHLOFF CHAIN 8SP S-L-T99 from BikeDock. £30, German quality. I've had Sram before and had now problems, and am having no problems with this one. Nice looking chain, supposidly the best.

For my latest Carbon project I tried to find the best 8 speed chain. Now if the most expensive means the best I bought a ROHLOFF CHAIN 8SP S-L-T99 from BikeDock. £30, German quality. I've had Sram before and had now problems, and am having no problems with this one. Nice looking chain, supposidly the best.

Back