BOTM for October 2007

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
For October we are running a 'Normal' month, anything goes. usual format, post your entries on this thread, max of 2 pictures, and one of us will compile a list for voting. Deadline is Sunday 7th 5pm.

Note: Next month we are running a special ' yeti of the Month' so those of you with one of those to unvail should maybe hold off this month...

Lets be having ya !!

how about this? (loads more pics for anybody thats interested)
1988 explosif n.o.s. all original down to the tyres and brake blocks :!:

Attachments

• S4010138.JPG
    S4010138.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 2,658
  • Rear_Mech.JPG
    Rear_Mech.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 2,658
"Can his highness submit me?"

submit.jpg

salsa.jpg

Lo, and gaze upon these monsters of twisted tubes upon which I will build my holy church, this bike-temple of wonder that we are calling The FRO.

DSCN1017.jpg

DSCN1016.jpg

The Kona's are just awesome Like going back to the 80's especially the first bike :cool:

Mantis Valkyrie

Although it pains me to put any bike up against a Jellybean (even though should have Mag 21s right, kids?!), in the interests of global retro unity I persuaded Mike at Black Mountain Cycles to let me enter one of his awesome personal collection of bikes into our humble BOTM - he was a little bemused to say the least - probably at my sacriligious selection, but hey ho... I got to choose!

This beautifully understated and rare '89 (if I remember correctly) Mantis Valkyrie by Richard Cunningham moved to Germany from whence Mike rescued it and is a bike I've always wanted to ride - one day, c'mon Mike ;-), I might even own one...

Neil

PS. If you're a Mantis or elevated fan like me, there's more detail here:

http://www.blackbirdsf.org/xframe/valkyrieec.html

Attachments

• Valkyrie 3.jpg
    Valkyrie 3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,558
  • Valkyrie 2.jpg
    Valkyrie 2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 2,558
  • Mantis Valkyrie 1.jpg
    Mantis Valkyrie 1.jpg