what do you think of 29ers?

weps

Devout Dirtbag
for a while, i considered them the latest marketing gizmo. lately though, i've noticed the people riding them seem almost fanatical in their devotion. i've never ridden one, nor do i fully undersand the supposed design benefits. so im wondering what you guys think and if anyone can relate personal experiences.

btw, i think the name is odd too.

thx

highly dependant on where you ride. I have friends who have them & for the slow, steep climbs & rocky shoots that litter the area where I live, they're far from ideal. For rolling, woodsy trails, even slight mud they're sposed to roll pretty quick.

Very true about "depends on where you ride". I have just built a singlespeed - purely due to finincial constrains, I'm not gay or owt.

So much fun on the flat but decidely ego-killing on hills!

Oh dear, guess you could call me "fanatical" about this, don't get me wrong, I don't go around preaching "Follow the way of the 29"er" but they don't half work for me :)

Guess its a bit of horses for courses thing but I've had one for 4 years now and if I had to pick it would be the one I kept and believe me thats saying something

What are you running Gil.

Never tried one but as most people mention probably very trail dependent. Probably great for the flatlands of Warwickshire.

Ok, its not retro but I can't resist posting my current ride

No laughing at the back :p

Attachments

• IMG_0395a.jpg
    IMG_0395a.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 3,190
Back