What replica next?

Cherrymatt

Old School Hero
Everyones been at it putting together replica's. All of them pretty awesome too, but what are we looking out for next??

Personally I'd like to see a Jake Elliot fat chance from durango (91 I think) complete with radial front whell and original rockshox and perhaps a Furtado Yeti Arc ( I am sure she rode one) from a bit later and of course a Tomac Ti mongoose. Unfortunately I haven't got the money or the garage required to attempt any.

rumpfy":2ej00h25 said:
I'm amazed none of you guys have done a Tim Gould replica. Shame on all of you! :p

I think 1/2 the point in replicas is that they're easily recognisable? a roberts white spider with peugeot paint is just gonna look like a peugeot?

Neds M2 with disc drive (okay under another make, cycleworld 946 blah blah) full suntour xc pro, judy fsx would be a fairly easy, yet cool replica :)

scant":2j5m7yl1 said:
Neds M2 with disc drive (okay under another make, cycleworld 946 blah blah) full suntour xc pro, judy fsx would be a fairly easy, yet cool replica :)

That would be cool!

my current replica project-

tinker_teamfahrer.jpg

Will have it done in a few days, found it mostly BIN on ebay. Penny Pinchers BOTM here I come!

kidding. ;)

sorry - I thought Ameybrook said he wanted a Klein!

A Tinker replica would be cool though. Carsten may have one or similar?

MadCowKev":2xosi8c4 said:
sorry - I thought Ameybrook said he wanted a Klein!

A Tinker replica would be cool though. Carsten may have one or similar?

Your right :oops: But I saw this bike in real life, and it wasn't so much the bike as the rider - when he dominated the field on the first lap of the Mt. Snow NORBA in, what, 92? 93? I watched it. On that bike, it was truly awesome. Something thats stayed with me a long time.

as this is a replica thread i just turne don TV for my son and some DH racing was on - didn't recognise any of the riders until Shaun Palmer. That guy can handle a bike!

MadCowKev":2q06a8ab said:
scant":2q06a8ab said:

That would be cool!

The Judy FSX would be a wrong fork for it. The M2 would need an original RS1 based Specialized FS or the latter FSX ('93 non-carbon version).
Ned used the M2 in 1991-1992 with Suntour XC Pro MicroDrive parts. I'm not really sure about the derailleurs in 1993 (XTR or XC Pro). For 1994 he used the Ultimate with XTR derailleurs, Gripshift X-rays, Avid brakes & TNT cranks. Fork was Mag21-spec FSX Carbon/ti and the same tension disc was used too. Can't say anything for sure for 1995 but I think he used the M2 again with Judy FSX & XTR.

This is a 1991 version:
ned_m2team.jpg

I remember really drooling over this in 1992...lucky me that I have gotten even better: S-Works Carbon & Epic Ultimate... Still this would be a super nice replica!

And this a 1993:
ned_overend_1993.jpg

As you can see, for 1993 he used Gripshift, Specialized DirectDrive cranks and Shimano 737 SPDs.

Back