Klein USA Flag Error 1990 Attitude Dolomite

thesneaker

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Got this Attitude recently and noticed the USA flag has the stars on the wrong side :LOL:

Seen one other like this, guessing it was the 1st production run, but quite a bad mistake to make, anyone else seen this before on their Attitude or any other Klein?

Attachments

• DSC02950.JPG
    DSC02950.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,540
  • DSC02949.JPG
    DSC02949.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,540
I have seen this once before on an Attitude.

It may of course be the same bike, I don't know!

It was five or so years ago now though I think...

BB

BoyBurning":30kz30i8 said:
I have seen this once before on an Attitude.

It may of course be the same bike, I don't know!

It was five or so years ago now though I think...

BB

this 1 was from Canada and bought from the original owmer, so unless you've been to Canada on holiday :LOL:

I recall a thread on mtbr about this. It wasn't a super rare thing, but I don't remember the specifics.

Both the Dolomite Attitudes at the last Arundel ride had wrong way round flags so that's three of them in West Sussex, must be something in the water that draws them here.

the stars can be on either the left or the right, there is no backwards to the American flag(in the context of this thread.I suppose you could hang one backwards..)

the union should always be towards the flag pole, or into the wind.

even a lot of Americans get confused about this when we see flag patches on the right shoulders of uniforms

must have just been a batch of decals they did like that then, funny it only seems to be on 1990 Dolomite Attitudes, i'm sure alot of owners haven't even noticed!

Re:

There was an answer from a KLEIN-painter today on FB to this .. found this "error-topic" here when searching for examples of these flags and bikes ... ;)

Mr. Wilkins wrote: "I just had this discussion with the senior painter at that time. I large batch of upside down flag decals arrived. A new proper batch was weeks away, so they decided to run em. They're pretty damn rare. I'll ask how long the span was." ...

:LOL: praise the Lord: the thread returned from the dead ;)

Back