Please tell me about my GT RTS!!

Tim

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and have been advised (thanks gump!) to post here because 'm looking for some info about my bike.

I want to start getting into mountain biking again and my bike (which was once seemed to be a nice new-ish one) now seems pretty retro, but i don't know anythng about it... so i was wondering if anyone here could tell me if its good/bad, common/rare (i've never seen another the same, though there are some similar ones).

I left it in Wales with friends for a while and when i got it back, they'd fitted XTR brakes and changed the forks!

Am I better off selling it? If so, is it worth anything?! if i were to get a new one (full sus), any advice? Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Tim

Attachments

• woty_056_standard_e_mail_view_120.jpg
    woty_056_standard_e_mail_view_120.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 986
  • gt_manuals_001_standard_e_mail_view_473.jpg
    gt_manuals_001_standard_e_mail_view_473.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 986
Looks to me in honesty like a RTS 3 but could obviously be wrong, think they did the later ones in blue and yellow like your and red and silver. It's not a team RTS as they are normally polished with a black end and have the rear shock with a piggy back reservouir. I used to have a RTS 3 but a eralier one in i titanium colour main frame (painted not metal finish) and black back end, and was a lovely bike to ride especially for muckin around on, mine came with stx components has standard and rockshox qaudra forks, think they changed the spec slightly on the later ones to have rst forks but can't remember if they still used stx. Could be worth selling if you don't want it as quite a few people still love them. Luckilly I sold mine to my brother so I can still have a play on mine lol.

Yup, RTS3. Alluminium front with chro-mo rear. Kinda STX level groupo?

In terms of worth, an identicle one (albeit in worse condition) sold for £150 on fleabay. Guess that makes this one maybe £200 at auction?

Personnaly i wouldn't use a bike like that to get back in to mountain biking. Either keep it as a side project and buy another, or if the £200 would help with the another, then sell.

Hi Tim
welcome to the site - nice bike there and seems your mates done you a favour with some good upgrades. XTR V's are a great brake although I know nothing about RST forks!
I say give it a little tlc and ride it like you stole it! You're going to have to drop some serious cash to get a modern equivalent which won't have as much soul either.
If you decide to sell there may well be some interest on here - not from me mind, and I'd agree with Tallpauls valuation.
Kev

But i say keep it and ride it. You won't go far wrong!

keep it, buy another bike to ride.
stay on and read the site...you will be inspired to pimp and ride it on special days for sure :D

Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback people.

My problem is having just bought a Honda Fireblade, i'm a bit short of storage space for multiple bikes (the fact that i've kept it as long as i have might suggest that i want to keep it!

So, if i can't get it up to modern spec (which i think i can't!) then i guess i might have to sell... any one got any good sales places other than e-bay?

now then, i've also got a rigid Hooger Booger Booster... anyone know anything about those?!

Cheers,

Tim

Probably to sell it here would be a good start or see if you can get any interest

Back